inVentiv Health Clinical
0000103029-Global Clinical Buyer
Global Clinical Buyers needed for contract positions at major pharma company in Northeast.
This position supports the local and global clinical procurement buying and is responsible for analyzing, developing and challenging aspects of new and ongoing clinical services. The position works closely with clinical operations and other business partners to assess and manage all outsourcing needs in support of Phase I through Phase IV studies.
• Implements and ensures alignment with the global strategy defined by the Global Lead Buyers at the project level
• Work closely with the DPL/Head of Global Clinical Buyers to align the strategy with the specificities of the therapeutic area/functional strategy
• Apply the best strategies for specific project(s) and/or critical purchasing activities in compliance with approved vendors
• Lead and conduct RFP process with business partner support
• Administers procurement activities, including selecting sources of supply, approving purchase orders, managing relationships with suppliers/negotiating terms of contracts while ensuring compliance standards.
• Negotiates and challenges suppliers to be as cost effective as possible, ensure minimal risk to the company while reducing overall cost to the company and alleviating business risk.
• Ensures the procurement of company materials and supplies, services and investments at the best market conditions for his/her perimeter
• Responsible for evaluating alternative solutions suggested by new suppliers aimed at the improvement of procurement.
• Manage, ad hoc, specific project(s) and/or critical activities related to the procurement function.
• Ensure appropriate reporting/documentation inspection readiness, compliance and procurement performance
Context of the job/major challenges
Clinical Spend Category is a very complex one, with over 20 HACATs (categories of spend). It is global in nature. Primary customers are the R&D and CSO. The nature of this spend category is volatile, with the need to manage definition of needs, changes mid-services, regulatory constraints and high level of compliance. Fundamental understanding of clinical development process is needed to succeed in this position; however, this can be learned on the job
Lead Competencies & Behaviors
• Demonstrates a deep understanding of trends and facts that impact our business.
• Translates agreed strategies into clear, tangible and actionable plans and initiatives.
Act for Change
• Creatively challenges the status quo to find new ways of working.
• Looks for the opportunities that arise during times of change.
Strive for Results
• Sets ambitious, tangible and measurable targets.
• Takes personal responsibility for achieving results.
• Shares relevant information openly and seeks appropriate input from others outside of the direct team.
• Develops and maintains effective cross-functional working relationships and partnerships.
• Makes decisions when needed; even if the outcomes are difficult or sensitive.
• Takes responsibility for decisions and accepts accountability for results.
Commit to customers
• Actively works to gain genuine understanding of the customers’ perspective.
• Strives to build mutually beneficial solutions and partnerships.
Required skills/experience must be on resume under experience section: Budgets, Buyer, Contracts, Finance, Market Analysis
Additional skill/experience manager would like to see on resume under experience section: Problem solving, Procurement, Purchase Orders, Regulatory Compliance, Ambitious, Buying, Clinical Operations, Documenatation, Excellent written and verbal communication skills, Inspection, MBA, Operations, Pharmaceutical research, Phase IV, Project management, Purchasing, RFP and Solutions
Education and Experience:
• BS/BA or international university degree required, Degree in science, engineering, economics, sales or business related fields
• Masters or MBA degree preferred but not mandatory
• Strong verbal and written ability with the English language
• Clinical operations or development, Project management, Procurement or other relevant work experience (2-7 years in healthcare, vaccines, pharmaceuticals experience)
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Clinical and/or pharmaceutical Research & Development understanding
• Negotiation skills and experience
• Ability to influence, drive change, and be extremely diplomatic, demonstrated competencies in problem solving.
• Proven ability to deliver results with cross-functional teams
• Global mindset and intercultural awareness
• Ability to:
o support requestors to format their requirements, ensure adequate work scope and clarity for suppliers’ comprehension to ease outsourcing process
o forecast the cost to support the establishment of the budgets•
o provide suppliers market analysis
o assess the market in order to identify other potential suppliers, if needed
o to learn, comprehend and utilize procurement principles including finance and legal terms.
o selects and recommend a subset of potential suppliers to satisfy the requirements
o competitiveness, delivery, regulatory compliance to ensure a proper competitive leverage
o define and manage a negotiation plan
Please send resume to email@example.com
For further details or to apply for this job, please contact:firstname.lastname@example.org
inVentiv Health, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disabled/Vets that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace.
inVentiv Health Jobs
inVentiv Health Clinical was launched in January 2013 as the clinical segment of inVentiv Health, a best-in-class team of global healthcare experts offering clinical, commercial and consulting services designed to provide a comprehensive customer experience that delivers greater long term value. With roots dating back to 1984, inVentiv Health Clinical is an amalgamation of a number of clinical services companies who, when brought together, had the skills and experience to allow inVentiv Health Clinical to become a leading global Clinical Research Organization.