Entry para-professional individual contributor representing the most common entry point for this career stream. Works under direct supervision within the Laboratory Technician sub-function.
• As the Entry para-professional in the Laboratory Technician Sub-Function, possesses basic knowledge in performing a variety of technical procedures such as preparing routine solutions and reagents and performing routine reactions.
• Makes and records observations.
• Performs simple calculations.
• Collects and prepares data for evaluation.
• Conducts laboratory support functions such as stocking and distributing supplies and equipment, arranging and dismantling apparatus, and collecting, washing, and storing glassware.
• Performs technical and record keeping duties in conformance with company and regulatory policies and standards to meet quality and accuracy requirements.
• May analyze compounds and manage corporate compound collection.
• Performs technical procedures in one or more of the following areas: Production, Research and Development, Quality Control/Assurance, and/or Compliance/Environmental.
Requires a minimum of a High School Diploma or GED. A Technical Diploma preferred.
ANSC Nutrition Supply Chain
United States > Altavista : Building 1
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Routine work with chemicals
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf
is about the power of health. For more than 125 years, Abbott
has been helping people reach their potential — because better health allows people and communities to achieve more. With a diverse, global network serving customers in more than 150 countries, we create new solutions — across the spectrum of health, around the world, for all stages of life. Whether it’s next-generation diagnostics, life-changing devices, science-based nutrition, or novel reformulations, we are advancing some of the most innovative and revolutionary technologies in healthcare, helping people live their best lives through better health.
The people of Abbott
come to work each day with relentless energy, enthusiasm and a promise to enhance the health and well-being of millions of people. They push the boundaries to help manage and treat some of life’s greatest health challenges.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott
, to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott
welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
Website : http://www.abbott.com
We’re dedicated to fulfilling the promise of human potential, in all places, in all aspects and stages of life. We believe that health is the key to that promise. Because at our healthiest, we’re capable of achieving anything. And that’s why our pursuit of helping people achieve their best health at every life stage will never end. This is how we put that belief into practice each and every day.