Fairbanks Morse Engine
The Assistant Controller for the Rome business functions as a business partner with plant and financial management to
effectively provide financial guidance, support, and leadership to manage the business. Works closely with the Controller to
lead the financial staff at the Rome plant and is responsible for business analysis, general accounting, payables, receivables,
order entry, billing, cost accounting, bill of materials, financial reporting, and business planning.
Embrace the values of the EnPro/STEMCO safety pledge in each of the below responsibilities. Participate in the
organization’s safety culture and aim to continuously improve safety within all aspects of your work.
Foster a work environment that promotes mutual respect of all colleagues and creates an environment focused on a
Promote the STEMCO / Enpro Culture by exhibiting the five principles of exemplary leadership: Modeling the Way,
Inspiring a Shared Vision, Enabling Others to Act, Challenging the Process, and Encouraging the Heart.
● Prepare and manage monthend activities, variance analysis, and monthly reconciliation.
● Ensures there are effective and efficient system of internal controls including; data integrity, asset protection,
segregation of duties, budgeting, financial reporting, information systems and adherence to corporate policies and
governmental regulations (GAAP, SOX, compliance, etc.).
● Analyze changes on product configuration, raw materials, manufacturing methods and services provided, to
determine the effects on product costs and internal product margins.
● Responsible for the maintenance and calculation of the standard costs. This starts will the bill of materials and item
cost, labor routings, labor rates, as well as overhead assignments.
● Provide indepth analysis on variances to plan, forecast, and prior year.
● Act as a resource to the nonfinancial leaders of the business providing education and training on the key principles
● Provide insightful and competitive analytics that anticipates change and drive decision making.
● Work across organization boundaries and all levels of the company to achieve plant, division or corporate.
● Provide product line and customer profitability analysis.
● Planning and auditor role for annual physical inventory. Preparation of book to physical adjustment and calculation of inventory reserves.
● Generally works in an office environment, but should be highly familiar with production operations and comfortable to regularly visit all operations.
● ERP implementation experience preferred.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business.
Costing in a manufacturing environment a strong plus.
Generally works in an office environment, but should be highly familiar with production operations and comfortable to regularly visit all operations.
Possible repetitive keyboard work.
Sustained visual concentration on monitors, screens or worksheets.
Possible lifting of office supplies up to 35 lbs.
Limited overnight travel required.
Rome, Georgia, United States
Fairbanks Morse Engine
Website : http://www.fairbanksmorse.com
Fairbanks Morse Engine, based in Beloit, Wisconsin, USA, is a worldwide leader in engine technology and manufacturing. Since the company's inception in the 1870s, Fairbanks Morse has produced a wide variety of products, including the Eclipse Windmill, the Train Master locomotive, and the first commercially successful gasoline engine in 1893.