CIT Group Inc.
Founded in 1908, CIT (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with more than $65 billion in assets. Its principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A., (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender) has more than $30 billion of deposits and more than $40 billion of assets. It provides financing, leasing and advisory services principally to middle market companies across a wide variety of industries primarily in North America, and equipment financing and leasing solutions to the transportation sector. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A.
This individual will conduct investigations on actual and suspected cases of fraud and other related financial crimes in compliance with investigative protocols. The Investigator performs research on fraudulent activities conducted through CIT’s products and services. The fraudulent activities are analyzed through the use of various CIT operating systems, databases, and unusual transaction reports generated by the businesses and support areas.
The Investigator will be responsible for:
• Investigating suspected, alleged or known fraud using both internal and external resources
• Compiling the necessary investigative documentation, contacting internal and external parties, and conduct interviews as necessary to complete investigations
• Documenting all findings, analyzing similar trends, making recommendations as necessary to enhance the business control and prevention frame work, flagging cases as requiring a suspicious transaction report or case closure and, when necessary, draft Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) and filing of police reports.
3 years in an investigative role in a regulated financial institution
• Strong knowledge of Fraud scenarios
• Experience completing SARs and drafting SAR narratives preferred
• Effective communications skills, including excellent writing and oral communications ability.
• Demonstrated ability to focus on details and ability to execute daily tasks independently and effectively.
• Undergraduate degree preferred or equivalent work experience
• CFE credentials a plus
• Team player willing to accept challenges large and small and meet them under time pressure.
• Experience in a Bank or Bank Holding Company environment a plus
CIT Group Inc.
Website : http://www.cit.com
CIT Group Inc. operates as the holding company for CIT bank that provides commercial financing and leasing products; and a suite of savings options in the United States. The company operates in five segments: Corporate Finance, Transportation Finance, Trade Finance, Vendor Finance, and Consumer. The Corporate Finance segment offers lending, leasing, and other financial and advisory services to small and middle-market companies in various industries, such as commercial and industrial, communications, media and entertainment, healthcare, and energy. The Transportation Finance segment provides aircraft and railcar, leasing and financing solutions to operators and suppliers in the aviation and railcar industries. This segment also offers lending and other financial products and services to companies in the transportation sector, such as business aircraft, maritime, and aerospace and defense industries. The Trade Finance segment provides a range of domestic and international customized credit protection, lending, and outsourcing services that include working capital and term loans, factoring, receivables management products, bulk purchases of accounts receivable, import and export financing, and letter of credit programs to retail supply chain companies. The Vendor Finance segment partners with manufacturers, distributors, dealers, and product resellers to deliver financing and leasing solutions to end-user customers for the acquisition of equipment. The Consumer segment offers government-guaranteed student loan portfolios, which are in run-off. The company also provides account receivables collection, acquisition and expansion financing, asset management and servicing, credit protection, financial risk management, import and export financing, insurance, letters of credit, and mergers and acquisition advisory services, as well as debt restructuring, underwriting, and syndication services. CIT Group Inc. was founded in 1908 and is headquartered in Livingston, New Jersey.