Unisys is a global information technology (IT) company. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to solve their most pressing IT and business challenges. We specialize in providing integrated, leading edge solutions to clients in the government, financial services and commercial markets. Our offerings include cloud and infrastructure services, application services, security solution and high-end server technology. We have more than 20,000 associates serving clients around the world. For more information, visit www.unisys.com.
Under the direction of the Sr. Director, Global Business Development, the Bid Pursuit Manager (BPM) will provide hands-on management and will oversee a team of Bid Pursuit Managers. This role is part of the consultative sales team identifying compelling value propositions, TCO, service and technology benefits to the client, and heavily involved in sales pursuits.
The Bid Pursuit Manager is the focal point for leading the pursuit and directing the sales capture team. Coordinates the sales process and work with all the key players to develop the solution and deliver the proposal to the client that will secure the contract. Typically, works on longer life cycle deal development for large and complex opportunities in excess of $25M (USD) TCV across several service streams in multiple geographies globally
Working with Sales, Account Management, Service Delivery, Legal and Finance, the BPM will provide direction to apply strong bid management and solution design experience to develop leading IT outsourcing and managed services solutions. This will include the assessment of client requirements, development of business solutions, coordination of bid management processes and approvals and the writing of key parts of Unisys response to client tender documents. You will oversee the end-to-end development of both the solution and commercial aspects of the pursuit, coordinating technical and specialist expertise from within our business to deliver well-structured propositions for our clients.
1. Staffs and leads a highly diverse team in the development and creation of the technical, financial and commercial framework for business pursuits to capture outsourcing opportunities and ensure a successful handoff from sales to delivery. 2. Provides consultative sales support by integrating and identifying compelling value propositions, Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and service/technology benefits to the client. Constructs the value proposition, business case, negotiation, pricing, and terms/conditions for business pursuits and is the primary interface to the client. 3. Manages the full life cycle of the IT Outsourcing opportunity including qualification, pursuit, solution development due diligence from bid creation through bid presentation and closure. 4. Directs the engagement team resources from proposal generation, through solution development and contract closing. Ensures communication and understanding of deadlines, assignments and objectives. Acts as point of contact to client or third party advisor management. 5. Works closely with Sales to identify and develop opportunities based on a predefined consultative sales methodology/approach and tools (e.g., Pathfinder). You will facilitate proposal efforts and support sales calls to ensure products/services meet client needs and specifications and presents the overall solution to the deal review board. Translates customer requirements into Unisys solutions and facilitates discussions regarding pursuit-related decisions and direction at the executive level. 6. Oversees and develops work statements, scope/priority definitions and the creation of budgets and schedules for ITO pursuit programs that are consistent with appropriate standards and client requirements. 7. Tracks and reconciles any changes in solution/scope and pricing throughout the Contracting phase. 8. Maintains grade and quality of proposal deliverables within defined and agreed upon proposal requirements. Identifies and resolves matters of significance affecting the productivity of several large and complex pursuit programs and implements risk mitigation solutions as appropriate. 9. Coordinates with Transition Management during the transition phase for all transition-related actions beginning with the staffing of the transition team and ending with the handover to operations. 10. Gathers, analyzes and incorporates feedback from the client on pursuit results for future programs. Identifies and determines implications of pursuit parameters and redefines, redesigns or revises as appropriate.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar role managing the pursuit of opportunities in the IT Outsourcing space.
• Demonstrated experience in managing key relationships and working with senior sales teams is required. Developing credible relationships with clients and work with the sales team to win new business is key
• Undergraduate degree in Business, Marketing, IT discipline and/or related field
• Proven ability to manage a team of about 10 employees
• Expertise in IT software sales
• Sufficient technical skills to understand, articulate, demonstrate and dialogue with senior technology executive prospects
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) to make client presentations and interact with CIO, CTO, LOB, and technology leadership with prospects and customers
Do you have what it takes to be mission-critical? Apply Now.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). M/F/Disabled/Veterans
Apply for this job at http://unisys.contacthr.com/57566943
View More Unisys Jobs
Website : http://www.unisys.com
We specialize in helping clients secure their operations, increase the efficiency and utilization of their data centers, enhance support to their end users and constituents, and modernize their enterprise applications. To provide these services and solutions, we bring together offerings and capabilities in outsourcing services, systems integration and consulting services, infrastructure services, maintenance services, and high-end server technology.