Business Development - Mass Electric Transportation
Sep 9, 2017
Irving, TX, US
Requisition ID: 69242
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Acquire, organize, analyze, disseminate, and monitor information on markets, clients, competitors, projects, technology, and legislative developments to the Business Development team and management. Assist in developing proposals for ongoing project pursuits.
• Forecast and track markets and trends, analyzing collected data.
• Monitor industry statistics and follow trends in trade literature.
• Seek and provide information to help the company determine strategic positioning in various industries.
• Gather data on competitors and analyze their projects, win/losses, methods of marketing, and strategies.
• Perform in-depth market research on a variety of industries in the engineering, construction, and business fields.
• Prepare reports on these findings, illustrating data graphically and translating complex findings into written text for the business development team and management.
• Contribute to the design, development, and operation of Kiewit’s information infrastructure system (knowledge management system)/electronic library.
• Handle other marketing tasks assigned, if necessary.
• Assist Proposal Sponsor to create and coordinate responsibility matrix defining roles, deadlines and assignments
• Assist in coordinating pursuit work plan with District’s capture manager, lead estimator and partners
• Assist in developing and maintaining best practices and templates, data platform
• Provide assistance with content writing and editing
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Knowledge of the construction industry and experience in infrastructure projects
• Excellent knowledge of computers and technology (MS Office a MUST) excel, access, sharepoint
• Excellent verbal/written communication skills and effective interpersonal skills
• Detail oriented, flexible, and highly motivated.
• Excellent research and analytical skills.
• Effective time management and organizational skills.
• Ability to perform multiple tasks efficiently and accurately.
• Ability to work independently and handle time bound assignments
• Ability to condense large amounts of information into fast, communicable information.
• Willingness to work both independently, and as a team, to meet intense deadlines, goals and objectives.
• Experience developing metrics preferred.
• Degree or certificate in analytics, engineering, business, construction mgmt., marketing/communications or at least three years related experience.
• Prefer previous experience in similar construction-related office setting
• Experience with civil, electrical or transportation construction
• Experience in business development, proposal and/or analyst position
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market:
Nearest Secondary Market:
Business Development, Transportation, Engineer, Electrical, Sales, Engineering
Kiewit Corporation Jobs
Website : http://www.kiewit.com
"Just as a rock is not shaken by a strong or sudden gust of wind, neither should we be affected by praise or success. We must not be satisfied with our past accomplishments and we should make every effort to improve and expand our operations – but only in an orderly and beneficial manner…a company cannot stand still for long – either it goes ahead or it slides back."