Care Senior Associate','17007150','!*!Description
The Personal Advocate position is responsible for representing Cigna Behavioral Health (CBH) to all inbound callers within a call center environment and assuring caller’s contact with CBH is positive. Advocates are many times the first encounter customers have with Cigna and thus are responsible for giving a positive first impression. The Advocacy tasks of this position are varied and often complex in nature requiring flexibility and multi-tasking capabilities. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to: educating customers on benefits, eligibility, referrals, non-clinical resources and assessing for potential risk of harm or substance abuse concerns. This position services calls in a warm and empathic manner as many of the calls are sensitive in nature. Independent problem solving skills are critical to success within the role along with intelligent judgment of assessing the caller’s needs. Based upon the call type and requests advocates should be able to use customer service skills, knowledge of the mental health/substance abuse field and Cigna training to effectively address callers needs in an educational manner. This position is an entry level role with opportunity for growth within the company. Incumbents will utilize telephonic communication the majority of the time with some web, and internal CBH materials to achieve first time resolution for callers.
1. The primary responsibility of the Advocate role is answering calls from customers. The majority of the day will be answering inbound calls from customers looking to access, understand, or utilize services
Within a call an advocate may:
· Register participants in the intake system and opens case files
· Educate participants on their benefits based upon individual plan design and other clinical or non-clinical resources available
· Conduct an intake as needed to assess for presenting concern and risk of harm or substance abuse concerns
· Provide participants with names and phone numbers of nearest providers
· Multi-task by maneuvering through various computer programs and screens
As needed an advocate may also:
· Write authorizations to ensure claims are paid correctly.
· Provide follow-up calls to participants to ensure correct information is given
· Send eligibility requests to determine effective coverage dates or to verify correct benefits are loaded
· Send complaints to initiate grievance process for customers
On all calls an advocate is responsible for:
· Providing high quality customer service as identified by Advocacy department quality standards
· Using independent problem solving skills to make sound decisions in assessing the needs of the callers by giving accurate information and providing first call resolution
· Understanding the business needs of the role, while balancing the needs of the customer (Advocacy department quality standards )
· Taking an educational approach to ensure callers are able to understand the complexities of accessing care
· Demonstrating a complete awareness and understanding of the responsibilities and workflows of the various departments within Cigna
2. Advocates have secondary responsibilities which will allow for continuous improvement in the role and professional development. Secondary responsibilities are essential to advocate’s success and may include:
· Assisting less seasoned peers by helping answer questions
· Participating in staff meetings and in-service seminars
· Initiating tasks in order to make improvements to current workflows that parallel with CBH’s mission.
· Developing an action plan for professional development
· Working with matrix partners, leadership and peer group to help ensure processes are up to date and effective
· Participating in team building activities to boost morale
· Completing additional assigned projects and tasks
· Maintaining a high level of working knowledge about CBH’s customers and products.
· Provide high quality customer service
· Adhere to a pre-determined daily schedule
· Be on time with minimal unexcused absences
o Bachelor’s degree in mental health field or psychology/social work related field stronly preferred (can also include: family communications, health coaching, community/public health or other related major). This is a non-clinical role and does not require a license
o Previous customer service experience or related position
o Superb interpersonal communication
o Effective listening and organizational skills
o Ability to manage multiple tasks, setting priorities where needed
o Independently problem solve, with ability to function without constant supervision
o A demonstrated ability to type effectively; with strong PC skills/word processing experience and ability to learn new computer software systems
o Ability to learn new workflows and tasks quickly
o Ability to work independently and be a team player
o Previous call center environment experience
o Creative and innovative thinking','!*!
US Candidates Only: Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status. If you require a special accommodation, please visit our Careers website or contact us at SeeYourself@cigna.com. ','United States-Minnesota-Eden Prairie','','11095 Viking Dr','','Eden Prairie','55344','Med Mgt--Utilization Mgmt','No','No','Full-time','Day Job','Regular','Standard','Individual Contributor','No','Sep 13, 2017','Care Senior Associate']);
Cigna works with employers and organizations around the world helping employees stay healthy and on the job. We work closely with brokers and consultants to develop innovative programs, help individuals and families improve their health, well-being and sense of security—and lower their medical costs. And, Cigna provides access to a global network of local physicians and hospitals—as well as 24/7/365 live customer service.