Oceaneering International, Inc.
Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH) performs a wide range of engineering services and products for unique marine systems for military and commercial customers. OTECH innovates wherever practical rather than inventing making it “faster to field” than others in its industry; the typical development/delivery cycle for complex mechanical, hydraulic, electrical systems is often completed in 12-15 months. Technical capabilities span the entire engineering spectrum. These skills have been demonstrated in successfully delivered systems, including Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs); Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs); saturation diving systems; surface and sub-surface vehicle launch and recovery systems; advanced offshore cranes; and life support systems.
OTECH is a division of Oceaneering International Inc. and ISO 9001 certified.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click on Non-Oilfield, then click on Naval and Marine Services, then click Oceaneering Technologies.
The Cartographer provides technical and analytical GIS support in creating and maintaining Navigation/Mission charts and/or geospatial data at a government customer site in the Washington, DC area.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Provide advanced mapping and data analysis on spatial and tabular data to produce reports, charts, and presentations requested by management and the end user.
* Use proprietary software to perform GIS and imaging enhancement, display, and analytical functions to obtain, organize, and present information relevant to the exploitation of remotely sensed and imaged data obtained from deep ocean systems.
* Assist in the processing of raw data to include environment data, land cover data, and oceanographic data for the integration into a geo database for department usage.
* Design and create moderately complex special products including charts, imagery, and statistics using specialized software to produce understandable charts and technical data.
* Design and create special map and digital products as assigned using predefined procedures, knowledge of GIS data and required GIS skills.
* Assist in the development and implementation of tools and GIS Projects for accessing and analyzing GIS data that aids in end user information consumption.
* Gather, analyze, and integrate spatial data from staff and end user to determine how best the information can be displayed using GIS skills.
* Enter new chart data through the use of scanner or direct input of coordinate information using principles of cartography including coordinate systems, longitude, latitude, elevation, contours, and map scales.
* Conduct appropriate geographic processing for integration and use of a variety of charts from a variety of sources with techniques including geo referencing and reprojection.
* Schedules can be demanding throughout the year and work outside normal working hours from time to time should be anticipated.
* Bachelor’s degree in Geography, Cartography, or GIS related field. Equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
* Two-four years of experience as a GIS Technician or Specialist.
* Working knowledge of cartographic principles and standards.
* Demonstrated proficiency with ESRI ArcGIS and standard Microsoft Office packages.
* Image editing skills. Experience with Adobe Photoshop a plus.
* Experience with ESRI GIS Suite software
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint applications. Presentation application experience required for chart generation.
* Ability to obtain security clearance.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Board Partnership
*Job Title:* Cartographer
*Location:* Hanover, Maryland
*Job ID:* 11229
*Full/Part Time:* Full-Time
Oceaneering International, Inc.
Website : http://www.oceaneering.com
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.