Merck & Co., Inc
Sep 13, 2017
- n/a -
- n/a -
US - Kansas - DeSoto
Email Job to a Friend
Save Job to Inbox
Clinical Research Parasitologist-CLI005653
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The primary functions of the parasitologist in Clinical Research are to implement and oversee an in-house parasitology laboratory; and to design, conduct, and report internal and external studies that support the development of new companion animal and livestock antiparasitics.
- Designs, implements and reports parasitology studies on ecto- and endo-parasites in both companion and food-producing animals
- Serves as investigator as in-house parasitology studies for development drug candidates and label extensions of approved products
- Ensures compliance with Good Clinical Practices (GCP) and occasionally Good Laboratory Practice (GLP)
- Supports external parasitology studies, as needed
- Maintains contact with the all stakeholders (project leader, RA, Quality Assurance (QA) etc. and keeps them informed of the study progress
- Implements and manages a parasitology laboratory, including rearing and maintaining colonies of ectoparasites and gastrointestinal nematodes
- Trains and manages laboratory technician(s)
- Defines objectives, budgets, resources, timelines associated with the parasitology laboratory
- Supports pre-development activities as required, including implementation of sensitivity assays, evaluation of formulations and dose characterization studies.
- Supports biological activities related to parasitology
- Participates, as required, in meetings with management and/or regulatory agencies to present parasitology topics
- Develops and maintains a network of clinical parasitology and scientific contacts
- PhD or equivalent in veterinary parasitology required
- PhD in veterinary parasitology and DVM preferred
Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of (3) years of experience parasitology research, which may include graduate study in a relevant scientific field.
- Familiarity with MS Office programs
- High level of organizational skills
- Ability to complete tasks independently while working collaboratively as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate internally with colleagues representing different disciplines and with external research partners and regulatory agencies.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Familiarity with the principles of Good Clinical Practice and Good Laboratory Practice.
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement?
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Clinical Research (Non-M.D.)
Job Title:Assoc Prin. Scientist, Clinical Research
Yes, 15 % of the Time
Number of Openings:
Hazardous Materials: Helminths, acari and insects
Company Trade Name:Merck
Merck & Co., Inc
Website : http://www.merck.com
Merck has a long and rich history of working to improve people's health and well-being. Through the years, our researchers have helped to find new ways to treat and prevent illness - from the discovery of vitamin B1, to the first measles vaccine, to cold remedies and antacids, to the first statins to treat high cholesterol. Our scientists also have helped develop many products to improve animal health, including vaccines and antibiotics. /images/merck-history-timeline-screen.jpgWhile we are proud of our past, we are enthusiastic about the future of this new company and we are excited to help create a healthier, brighter future for people around the world.