Under general supervision will perform a variety of Customer Service and Equipment Service functions to support Core-Mark’s “House” assigned coffee accounts.
• Owns response to a variety of telephone and written customer requests and concerns.
• Conducts account research and resolves problems within scope of authority
• Refers customer inquiries to appropriate Core-Mark contacts and documents all customer interactions.
• Assures that appropriate records are maintained and required reports are prepared in a timely fashion
• Resolves customer requests for adjustments to orders and billing within scope of authority
• Enters and retrieves a variety of information using computer terminal
• Prepares computer input regarding newly acquired accounts
• Assists customers in all aspects of coffee and peripheral coffee items needs
• Maintains current knowledge of pricing and product availability
• Assures customer service levels are maintained according to company standards
• Conducts special account research as necessary; researches credits and other related information
• Responds to special order requests from customers in a timely fashion
• Supports reporting and management of coffee equipment assets
• Supports reporting and management of potential lost coffee accounts
• Supports new account leads
• Supports and provides coverage for Equipment Service personnel functions
• Seeks opportunity for incremental sales within each account
• Provides seasonal product updates and promotional information to customers
• Develops and maintains key account listings and relationship to ensure optimal customer service
• Performs other Customer Service and Equipment Service related duties as assigned
• Duties require knowledge equivalent to completion of four years of high school and one to two years of related customer service experience
• Excellent communication skills are required to respond to a variety of customer inquiries, requests, and complaints
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and deal effectively with interruptions
• Ability to perform detailed data entry work accurately and efficiently within deadlines
• Ability to understand, interpret and explain company procedures related to products and pricing as required
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
• Normal office environment not subject to extremes in temperature, etc
• Frequent interruptions to assist various customers in person or on the telephone
• May spend extended periods of time at computer terminal, at desk or on the telephone and operating other office equipment requiring eye-hand coordination and finger dexterity
• Occasional standing, bending, and lifting and carrying of files, documents and records
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
ABOUT CORE-MARK (Nasdaq CORE)
Established over 125 years ago, Core-Mark is a
company that continues to grow, with approximately $11 billion in sales, 30 divisions and 37,500 customer locations across the United States and Canada. Core-Mark is a leading distributor of fresh food and consumer packaged goods to the convenience retail industry. Core-Mark offers a full range of products, marketing programs and technology solutions; and is recognized as one of the largest and most valued marketers of fresh and broad-line supply solutions.
Our company culture provides a progressive, growth-oriented work environment, where you’ll enjoy greater independence, and a strong team atmosphere. We provide excellent benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) or RRSP with employer matching and immediate vesting, tuition reimbursement, voluntary benefits (US only), and opportunity for career advancement.
Learn more about our career opportunities:
Like us on Facebook:
Follow us on Twitter:
Follow us on LinkedIn:
Want fresh? Count on us.
At Core-Mark, we celebrate difference and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our services and our community. Core-Mark is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
You may click here
to apply for this job at SmartRecruiters.
View More Core-Mark International, Inc. Jobs
Website : http://www.coremark.com
Core-Mark is one of the largest broad-line, full-service marketers and distributors of packaged consumer products in North America. Founded in 1888, Core-Mark provides distribution and logistics services as well as marketing programs to over 29,000 retail locations across the United States and Canada through its 28 distribution centers. Core-Mark services traditional convenience retailers, grocers, mass merchandisers, drug, liquor and specialty stores, and other stores that carry consumer packaged goods.