Ameriprise Financial, Inc.
With the right company, life can be brilliant. At Ameriprise, we’re not just in the business of managing our clients’ finances — we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential, too. Be part of an inclusive, collaborative culture that rewards you for your contributions and work with other talented individuals who share your passion for doing great work. You’ll also have plenty of opportunities to make your mark at the office and a difference in your community. So if you're talented, driven and want to work for a strong ethical company that cares, take the next step to create a brilliant career at Ameriprise Financial.
Provide strategic and operational leadership in the design and development of the company's internal and customer applications. Work closely with the business to effectively translate business strategy and objectives into technological capability, while collaborating with Architecture to assure technological compatibility and compliance with the architectural road map. Drive strategy and manage resources (both internal and vendor provided, on- and off-shore) to ensure best in class solutions that are of high quality, cost effective (on budget), sustainable and market leading.
- Provide strategic direction and day-to-day leadership to a team of highly technical employees.
- Develop and maintain an organization of high performing people through effective hiring, coaching and rigorous performance/talent management processes.
- Influence and implement a resource strategy (internal vs. vendor) based on business need, scope of work, cost, and skill requirements.
- Foster a collaborative, success-oriented team environment where resources are empowered and accountable.
- Collaborate with the business to understand business strategy and needs, customer needs and market trends.
- Collaborate with architecture and leadership on design of a supporting technology strategy (including a multi-year road map) that aligns with architectural design, plan and standards.
- Provide cost and feasibility analysis to support and gain strategy approval. Implement and drive strategy.
- Oversee annual asset health and security assessments and incorporate output into the development strategy.
- Ensure that solution design and delivery meet business requirements and expectations regarding cost, schedule and scope.
- Deliver operational excellence through development, formal release schedules and release management processes, service level agreements (SLAs), problem resolution through system monitoring, and change management.
- Collaborate with the enterprise procurement team to ensure appropriate procurement processes are followed and to assist in effective management of vendor relationships.
- Strategically plan and prioritize software/solution releases within planned release schedules based on enterprise business strategy, business and technology need, and impact while assuring appropriate scope, size and impact of releases to end users.
- Participate in the annual budget and financial planning process for assigned organization, technical assets and related projects.
Champion Standards & Methodologies
- Champion and ensure compliance with organizational standards, practices and methodologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS or related field; or equivalent work experience.
- 7-10 years of relevant experience.
- 7-10 years of experience in technology and/or software development, progressing in complexity and responsibility.
- 3-5 years of leadership experience, including demonstrated success in leading technical teams and executing technical projects within a quality management framework and outsourced/vendor partner environment (both on- and off-shore).
- 2-3 years of experience in successfully managing budgets (departmental and/or project).
- Experience participating in the financial planning process (departmental and/or project).
- Highly effective communication skills that includes the ability to deliver technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Experience in delivering technical solutions through both vendor (on- and off-shore) and employee resources.
- Proven success in the design/delivery of complex, best-in-class enterprise-level software applications.-
- Experirence working in an agile delivery model.
Apply for this job at http://ameriprise.contacthr.com/57564519
View More Ameriprise Jobs
Ameriprise Financial, Inc.
Website : https://www.ameriprise.com
Ameriprise Financial is a global financial leader. Integrity has been a core value since we were founded by John Tappan in 1894. It's how, through panics, recessions, the Great Depression and the recent Great Recession, we've grown into a global financial leader. We've never taken a bailout. Never lost our focus on our clients. That's who we are. During trying economic times our strength, integrity, our breadth of services and personal relationships have made us America’s leader in financial planning.