Target Brands, Inc.
Retail / Wholesale
Director Network Simulation(Job Number:SUP0007CM)
Target’s GSCL team has a bold vision to build the network of the future with smart capabilities that are built to scale. We will look to this leader to dive deep and set a clear and strong process to drive right decisions at the right time with the right information. This leader should build the right team that can simulate these problems and develop out-of-box thinking to solve for these problems. This opportunity is perfect for highly motivated and talented simulation experts with sufficient technical depth to be able to lead/ guide a highly talented group of really smart team members. This leader will be responsible to build this capability into a way of working at Target. This will help us preempt insights into ‘no-regrets’ decisions across Network Design, Capacity Planning, IPC, WMS, TMS, First/Middle/Last Mile strategies.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities:
• Build and validate simulation and optimization models that diagnose supply chain problems, run scenarios and simulations, and identify best or optimal solutions
• Assess modeling/ simulation needs based on problem we are looking to solve and recommend the best advanced analytics tools to support them.
• Validate and support network capacity planning team to maximize use of existing assets prior to capex being deployed.
• Flow Path Analysis and Channel Analysis
• Storage simulation by region, by node, based on seasons, demand profile, 98% availability at store, guest promise
• Transportation simulation
Other responsibilities include:
• Process Design and Value Stream Mapping (VSM) of problems the simulation exercise is required to solve
• Review and analyze channel capacity to determine if alternative sourcing is required
• Participate in the review of inventory levels against storage/ throughput capacity, initiate and communicate with IPC for it to proactively trigger the necessary product movements to balance inventory levels while maintaining desired availability
• Participate in the SKU management analysis to help identify those sku’s that are underperforming. Help provide good data to functional leadership to aid in decision making
• Continuously review opportunities using the latest available data and industry intelligence for service and cost projections. Recommend changes to improve service performance on a market by market basis, and by season.
Desired Knowledge/Skills/ Abilities:
• Demonstrated leadership and excellence working in a Global Supply Chain or Operations Network
• Has a strong understanding of Supply Chain Assets and Capital Investment Models
• Strong Experience in Capacity Planning, Optimization, Supply Planning and Inventory Management
• Proven track record of delivering global supply chain programs working cross functionally
• Experience in working with Marketing and Sales teams to build new businesses
• Develop advanced statistical analysis to determine trends and significant data relationships.
• Develop innovative business solutions
• PhD or Master’s in Operations Research, Management Science, Industrial Engg; 8 years post-PhD experience in supply chain, logistics, retail, consulting or in a strategic, business analyst capacity
• Medium to Expert skill in R, Python, CPLEX
• Must possess strong analytical skills and have the ability to work with mathematical concepts.
• Ability to write reports, effectively present information and respond to questions from different levels of management.
• Ability to define problem, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
• Strong communication skills and experience leading cross functional business partners
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Experience with statistical analysis, multi-variant testing strategies and concepts, regression modeling and forecasting, time series analysis, data mining, financial analysis, economic order quantity modeling, game theory and customer/product segmentation.
• 3-5 years of experience with mixed integer programming
• 5 years’ experience in leading Supply Chain transformation in complex organization
• Capacity to communicate complex concepts in easy-to-understand language
• Effective communication skills at multiple levels of the organization, including management and cross-functional groups
• Six Sigma certified
• Experience with network modeling tools, network optimization and long range planning experience is a plus
• Understanding of retail and e-commerce industry
• Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to build innovative complex models to illustrate various scenarios of supply chain flows to compare KPIs
Back to search results
View Similar Jobs:
View more Marketing Jobs
View more Retail / Wholesale Jobs
View more Target Jobs
View More Jobs in Minneapolis, MN:
View more jobs in Minneapolis, Minnesota
Marketing jobs in Minneapolis, Minnesota
Retail / Wholesale jobs in Minneapolis, Minnesota
Target jobs in Minneapolis, Minnesota
View More Jobs in MN:
View more jobs in Minnesota
Marketing jobs in Minnesota
Retail / Wholesale jobs in Minnesota
Target jobs in Minnesota
View all Featured Jobs
About the Daily Gazette
Terms of Service
Browse All Jobs
Browse By Location
Browse By Category
Browse By Company
Post A Job
Target Brands, Inc.
Website : http://www.target.com/
Target Corporation operates general merchandise stores in the United States and Canada. It offers household essentials, including pharmacy, beauty, personal care, baby care, cleaning, and paper products; music, movies, books, computer software, sporting goods, and toys, as well as electronics that consist of video game hardware and software; apparel and accessories, such as apparel for women, men, boys, girls, toddlers, infants, and newborns, as well as intimate apparel, jewelry, accessories, and shoes.Further, it provides general merchandise through its Website, Target.com; and branded proprietary Target Debit Card and Target Credit Card. As of April 2, 2014, the company had 1,924 stores, including 1,797 in the United States and 127 in Canada. Target Corporation was founded in 1902 and is headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota.