Vein Clinics of America, Inc
The Director, Analytics (Operations) is a key position at Vein Clinics of America; an organization that is the number one player in the vein industry growing at 20% to 15% each year. As the organization continues on a growth ramp focused on operational excellence and patient-centricity, this role will play a key role in contributing to the overall success of the Company.
The Director, Analytics (Operations) works hand-in-hand with the Senior Vice-President of Operations and the Regional Operations Directors and is a dedicated partner to the Operations group. This position also collaborates with other Analytics team members as part of the overall Analytics Group within VCA.
Some of the specific ways in which this position adds tangible value:
• Developing, tracking and measuring operational metrics (productivity, patient conversion rates, gross and net revenue per patient, capacity utilization etc.)
• Working hand-in-hand with senior operational leaders to identify solutions for areas in which metrics are lagging plan • Dissemination of best practices and tools across clinics
• Predictive and/or statistical modeling to identify key drivers behind operational performance; ability to separate the “wheat from the chaff” in terms of underlying drivers
• Workforce capacity modeling to balance marketing demand with operational capacity
• Improving productivity and profitability through ideas on how to elevate performance of the business
• Ability to influence key stakeholders (in operations and at the enterprise level) on making changes to the operational model to improve performance
Scope & Dimensions:
1. Problem-Solving & Decision-Making Ability to successfully aggregate data from VCA’s system, glean business insights based on that data, and successfully communicate recommendations to business leadership and collaborate on the implementation of those recommendations. Must have the ability to toggle between strategic thinking and project planning to implement recommendations.
2. Data-Orientation and Curiosity: Strong focus on analysis of operating data and metrics. Mindset is around “continuous improvement” of operations through metrics tracking, forecasting and implementation of various initiatives. Predictive analytics, planning and forecasting.
3. People Position will work collaboratively with Operations team and partner with the SVP of Operations and the various Regional Directors of Operations. Must have strong interpersonal ad influencing skills. Ability to guide the course of action at clinic, regional and network level without direct authority.
• Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
• Ability to influence larger groups to take action through tools, processes etc.
• Analytical and statistical thinking
• Strong strategic and prioritization skills
• Data simplification skills – Ability to present complex data in a simplified format; glean the 1-2 key insights and separate “signal from noise” Reporting Relationships: Position reports to Chief Financial Officer / Chief Strategy and Corporate Development Officer; dotted line report to SVP of Operations Typical Experience & Education: Required:
• Bachelor’s degree
• 5-10 years of experience
• Experience with statistical tools (SAS, Matlab etc.) preferred
Preferred • Master’s degree • Healthcare experience • Experience in applying analytics to the Operations Arena • Statistics, Mathematics Skills/Requirements: • Bachelor's degree
Apply To This Job
Vein Clinics of America, Inc
Website : http://www.veinclinics.com/
D. Brian McDonagh , MD received his medical degree from University College Dublin, National University of Ireland. He interned at Tucson Medical Center in Arizona and served his residency in internal medicine and physical medicine/rehabilitation at Wayne State University in Michigan . His interest in vein disease began with his personal affliction and a family history of varicose veins. His search for an effective, non-surgical treatment led him to Ireland , England , Switzerland and France , where he studied multiple versions of injection treatments. Dr. McDonagh founded VCA in Chicago in 1981 and developed extensive experience and a reputation for his non-surgical approach to varicose vein treatment. VCA has grown to include over 20 locations, successfully treating over 50,000 patients.