PwC - China
PwC is a network of firms committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. We help resolve complex issues for our clients and identify opportunities. Learn more about us at www.pwc.com/us.
At PwC, we develop leaders at all levels. The distinctive leadership framework we call the PwC Professional (http://pwc.to/pwcpro) provides our people with a road map to grow their skills and build their careers. Our approach to ongoing development shapes employees into leaders, no matter the role or job title.
Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly changing world? Developing as a PwC Professional means that you will be ready - to create and capture opportunities to advance your career and fulfill your potential. To learn more, visit us at www.pwc.com/careers.
It takes talented people to support the US firm of the largest professional services organization in the world. Not all of us work directly with external clients. Some of our best people choose to apply their talents inside PwC.
As part of Internal Firm Services, you're serving an organization on par with many of our external clients. Our Internal Firm Services team consists of first-rate marketers, human resource professionals, computer technologists, knowledge managers, accountants, financial planners, administrators and leaders. Internal Firm Services staff are the people who make it work for the people who make it work for our clients.
PwC's Marketing and Sales function is a client-focused, high-performing team, which is strategically aligned to the Firm's priorities and passionately focused on positioning a distinctive PwC brand in the marketplace and driving long-term revenue growth for the Firm.
The PR and Social Media team is responsible for the Firm's external media relations and social media strategy, including the overseeing and management of PwC's social media accounts, relationships with media nationally and locally, and ongoing identification of new and emerging opportunities to enhance the Firm's visibility. The team focuses on protecting the PwC brand and positively positioning the US Firm and its spokespeople externally, primarily through media and social media.
Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 6
Minimum Degree Required: High School Diploma or GED
Degree Preferred: Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Public Relations/Communications, or Advertising
Demonstrates proven intimate levels of understanding and substantial direct experience with media strategy at a national and global level--preferably with a professional services firm, a financial services entity or working at a public relations agency--as well as extensive success in accomplishing key objectives, including the following areas:
- Maintaining solid media contacts at the local and national level, identifying and seeking out additional reporter contacts valuable to the Firm and develop them across traditional media (including top-tier print and broadcast as well as service, industry and/or geographic trade publications) and new media platforms (including social media outlets--e.g. Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook);
- Utilizing media databases (Gorkana, Meltwater), tracking software (Google News, Dow Jones News Retrieval/Factiva), and other interactive platforms (YouTube, Google);
- Developing and executing PR strategies focused on PwC US's business objectives and public positioning goals, including launching PwC's key reports to the media, working with PwC spokespeople on scheduling and preparing for media interviews, raising PwC's profile at sponsored events, developing digital media profiles for Firm leaders, responding to unsolicited incoming media requests, and other crisis communications; and,
- Exhibiting results that exemplify knowledge of the business e.g. professional judgment and decision-making--that promotes and protects the PwC brand externally.
Demonstrates proven extensive abilities and success in roles involving project management, day-to-day operations and multi-tasking, overseeing multiple and diverse projects simultaneously to perform the following tasks:
- Work directly with reporters and online influencers to help develop relationships between those and the lines of service leadership and partners;
- Oversee, develop and cultivate media relationships;
- Build and maintain relationships while working effectively within a matrixed organization to address strategic and risk management issues;
- Perform as a skilled verbal communicator, writer, and strategist, understands the tactics of the PR business (i.e. content development, pitches, interviews, social media) and also has the experience to know when and how to apply them, depending on the need or situation; and,
- Oversee, coach and develop others and the ability to manage and help train subordinates effectively and consistent with PwCs culture.
PwC - China
Website : http://www.pwccn.com
Providing organisations with the advice they need, wherever they may be located. Our highly qualified, experienced professionals listen to different points of view to help organisations solve their business issues and identify and maximise the opportunities they seek. Our industry specialisation allows us to help co-create solutions with our clients for their sector of interest.