Day Shift Processing Shift Leader will for plant effectiveness and efficiency for a section of a processing plant. Will provide direction, training, coaching, to Team Leaders and indirectly to hourly production associates. Responsible for achieving company established goals on production activities. Must provide a safe and secure working environment for all associates utilizing company-approved processes. Promote a positive working relationship with the production and support staff to make the company the employer of choice.
Specialized or technical knowledge, credentials or licensing required for the position include:
– a demonstrated ability to lead people and get results.
– an ability to think ahead and plan over a 1 to 3 year time span.
– the ability to organize multiple protocols / projects and complete on schedule.
– ability to develop protocols and processes and deploy.
– ability to analyze and resolve problems at both a strategic and functional level.
– ability to supervise and recognize training needs for the operation as well as the associates and the willingness to support those needs and develop associates.
– knowledge of and ability to provide strong customer orientation.
– ability to communicate to all levels of the organization and a commitment to excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
knowledge of and a commitment to Team performance, effective coaching and demonstrated skills of a strong team player.
– dedication and commitment to company values.
– ability, knowledge and commitment to put safety of associates above everything else while achieving goals.
4-year college degree in Poultry Science, Animal Science, Agriculture, Engineering, or related field, or 8 years experience in poultry plant management. Experience with various industry accepted procedures, including HACCP, QA, Poultry Welfare etc., and plant efficiency as it relates to yield, lbs/birds pmh, line speeds, and automatic processing equipment.
Bi-lingual in Spanish or Creole.
Perdue family of companies is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Website : http://www.perdue.com
Perdue Farms is the family-owned parent company of Perdue Foods and Perdue AgriBusiness. We are dedicated to enhancing the quality of life for everyone we touch through innovative food and agricultural products.