ABM Industries Inc.
We have an opening for an HVAC Service Supervisor at our San Diego, CA location.
Provide technical support and job site leadership and management to assure a competent, highly qualified work force redeems customer commitments in a professional, high-quality and timely manner.
Tends heating, ventilation & cooling equipment such as fans, vacuum pumps, air compressors, vents and ducts, and lubrication oil coolers used in buildings or industrial processes by performing the following duties:
· Installs, services and repairs environmental-control systems in residences, office buildings, and other commercial establishments, utilizing knowledge of refrigeration theory, pipefitting, and structural layout.
· Mounts compressors and condenser units on platform or floor, using hand tools, following blue prints or engineering specifications.
· Fabricates, assembles and installs ductwork and chassis parts, using portable metalworking tools and welding equipment.
· Installs evaporator unit in chassis or in air-duct system, using hand tools.
· Cuts and bends tubing to correct length and shape, using cutting and bending equipment and tools.
· Joins tubing or pipes to various refrigerating units by means of sleeves, couplings or unions, and solders joints, using torch, forming complete circuit for refrigerant.
· Installs expansion and discharge valves in circuit.
· Connects motors, compressors, temperature controls, humidity controls and circulating ventilation fans to control panels and connects control panels to power source.
· Installs air and water filters in completed installation.
· Injects small amount of refrigerant into compressor to tests systems and adds Freon gas to build up prescribed operating pressure.
· Observes pressure and vacuum gauges and adjusts controls to insure proper operation.
· Tests joints and connections for gas leaks, using gauges or soap and water solution.
· Wraps pipes in insulation batting and secures them in place with cement or wire bands.
· Replaces defective breaker controls, thermostats, switches, fuses and electrical wiring to repair installed units, using electrician's hand tools and test equipment.
· May install, repair and service air conditioners, ranging from fifteen to twenty tons cooling capacity, in warehouses and small factory buildings.
Directly supervises employees in the HVAC Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; regarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
15 plus years’ experience in HVAC service
NFPA 70E certification
San Diego, CA 92123 US (Primary)
ABM is an EOE (M/F/Vet/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation)
Apply to this Job
ABM Industries Inc.
Website : http://www.abm.com
With over 100 years of facility solutions experience, we continue to serve thousands of clients across the U.S. and in over 20 international locations. ABM offers: ABM is one of the largest facility management services providers in the U.S. We offer state-of-the-art, dependable building maintenance services cost effectively. Our substantial base of long-term clients demonstrates the importance that we place on building enduring relationships. As an ABM client, you have the advantage of obtaining multiple services under one contract with a single point of contact, making it easy for you to outsource these functions without administrative headaches. We provide any combination of services on a local, regional or national basis.