American International Group, Inc.
Apply with LinkedIn
The Head of products reports into the global Chief Digital Officer (CDO) and is responsible for identifying, creating and delivering digital products and services to internal and external users. The Head of Products will play a critical role in moving the company forward and driving Digital Transformation across AIG. The position will be focused heavily on identifying and creating self-service capabilities internally and externally as well as managing a growing portfolio of in house technology led digital components. In particular, the Head of Products will be accountable for; articulating the Digital vision to our partners, understanding our LoB strategies and operations, defining the art of the possible, aligning digital delivery priorities to the needs of the business, and engaging with our Digital and IT teams to ensure on-time and value added delivery.
This position will be located in New York, NY or Charlotte, NC.
Process and Relationships
• Experience in a product delivery or product management role
• Proven skills at developing business cases
• Experience creating online products from inception to launch
• Must have strong consulting and account relationship skills and methods
• Participates in the development and preparation of short-term and long-term plans and budgets for Digital activities
• Skilled at building trusted relationships
• Has experience driving strategic planning discussions with IT and Non-IT audiences
• Experienced in driving innovation into traditional business processes
• Able to establish and nurture relationships with Senior Business/IT leaders, external technology partners and start-ups.
Strategic and Technical Thinking
• Is able to decompose complex scenarios to help define an iterative approach to delivering solutions as a part of a greater vision
• Leverage data and analytics to identify opportunities and enhance existing products and services
• Maintains a deep understanding of Digital Capabilities and the art-of-the-possible
• Continuously looks for new ways to get things done and reduce costs (phone calls, paper, stamps and time)
• Works across the Digital leadership team to establish the organization’s strategic objectives and multi-year roadmaps
• Ability to connect the dots between problems and solutions
• Experienced in building strategy, and able to influence leaders on priorities and funding
• Has deep technology understanding and maintains currency on the latest trends, competitors and start-ups across the industry
Business and Consulting Acumen
• Must have a strong business acumen and understanding of the Financial business and processes (Insurance experience a plus)
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with the proven ability to simplify and translate complex points of view into consumable points
• Can clearly explain complex technological solutions and possibilities to business leaders in simple terms and concepts
• Able to learn new business and operating models across the AIG businesses
• Partner with IT leaders to proactively assess future demand and accordingly initiate vendor assessments and relationship building exercises
• Drive best practices and governance around Digital capabilities, strategy and accountabilities across the Enterprise.
• 15 years of experience, with at least 10 years direct experience in organization management and/or corporate strategy
• Broad cross-functional expertise with the ability to coach a senior-level staff to manage and build high-performance teams in the areas of business operations, vendor management and asset management
• Demonstrated expertise as a change agent, driving cultural and technological transformations on a global scale in the financial services organizations
• Experience in selling ideas, concepts and capabilities (sales experience preferred)
• 10 years of account management and partnering with Senior Leaders
• Experience with business process redesign and simplification
• Ability to deliver solutions with indirect resource accountability
• Excellent communication, presentation, influencing and reasoning skills
• Demonstrated leadership in achieving shared objectives in a matrixed organization, coordinating projects and services across business and organizational boundaries, and building effective cross-functional teams
• Strong demonstrated business acumen and executive presence
• Bachelor’s degree in with a degree in engineering, accounting, finance or a related business field; MBA or MS degree preferred
American International Group, Inc.
Website : http://www.aig.com
American International Group, Inc. provides insurance products and services for the commercial, institutional, and individual customers in the United States and internationally. The company operates in two segments: AIG Property Casualty, and AIG Life and Retirement. The AIG Property Casualty segment offers casualty insurance products that cover general liability, commercial automobile liability, workers' compensation, excess casualty, and crisis management insurance; industrial energy-related and commercial property insurance products, which cover exposures to man-made and natural disasters; aerospace, environmental, political risk, trade credit, surety and marine insurance products for small and medium sized enterprises; and various forms of professional liability insurance products. It also provides personal accidental and supplemental health products for individuals, employees, associations, and other organizations; and life products, as well as a range of travel insurance products and services for leisure and business travelers. This segment distributes its insurance products and services through brokers, agents, and direct marketing and partner organizations, as well as the Internet. The AIG Life and Retirement segment offers a suite of products and services to individuals and groups, including term life insurance, universal life insurance, accident and health insurance, fixed and variable group annuities, administrative and compliance services, mutual funds, and financial planning. This segment distributes its products through banks, broker-dealers, financial advisors, independent marketing organizations, insurance agents, structured settlement brokers, benefit consultants, and direct-to-consumer platforms. The company also provides private residential mortgage guaranty insurance and direct investment book services; and derivatives intermediary services. American International Group, Inc. was founded in 1919 and is based in New York, New York.