SunTrust Banks Inc.
Human Resources Compliance Consultant-W442298
The Human Resources (HR) Compliance Consultant is a member of the HR Compliance Oversight Team in Corporate Functions Risk Oversight.
This role will have an immediate impact in overseeing enterprise-wide compliance with federal, state and local labor/employment and employee benefits laws and regulations. Responsibilities (under the supervision of the HR Compliance Manager) include:
* Monitoring and analyzing changes in federal, state and local laws and regulations. Conducting impact assessments and partnering with HR to establish action plans to comply with regulatory changes.
* Overseeing the submission of regulatory filings - such as EEO-1 and VETS-4212 surveys- and responses to regulatory examinations, such as OFCCP compliance examinations.
* Developing compliance calendar(s) and creating status reports on HR's execution of compliance activities.
* Evaluating and advising on the adequacy and efficacy of HR compliance-related issues, policies, procedures and controls.
* Conducting compliance risk assessments and developing and reviewing reports to monitor HR's compliance risks.
* Documenting compliance gaps and participating in the remediation and resolution of issues.
* Participating in special projects/programs independently with little to no supervision.
* Bachelor's degree, preferably with a business or human resources major.
* Working knowledge of state and federal employment and employee benefit laws, including Title VII, ADA, FLSA, ERISA, ADEA, FMLA, and OSHA.
* Five to seven years of experience in Human Resources and/or EEO compliance, or an equivalent combination of post-graduate education and experience.
* Ability to establish strong cross-functional working relationships.
* Strong analytical and communications skills and working knowledge of HR processes and practices.
* Ability to gather data, compile information and prepare reports.
* JD, Masters in HR, or MBA with an HR concentration
* PHR/SPHR certification
* Project and/or program management experience
* Software skills: Word, Visio (process maps), Excel (data analysis) and SharePoint (online content management)
JOB:Credit and Risk
PRIMARY LOCATION: GA-Atlanta Area
WORK LOCATIONS: SunTrust Plaza Tower
303 Peachtree Street
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable laws.
To review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
SunTrust Banks Inc.
Website : https://www.suntrust.com
SunTrust Banks, Inc., with total assets of $172.4 billion on March 31, 2013, is one of the nation's leading financial services holding companies. Through its flagship subsidiary, SunTrust Bank, the company provides deposit, credit, trust and investment services to a broad range of retail, business and institutional clients. Other subsidiaries provide mortgage banking, asset management, securities brokerage, and capital market services.