The Journey Begins with you.
There's quite a distance between wondering and knowing. And for patients waiting for answers to important health questions, it's a road they want to travel as quickly as possible.
At Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, we understand urgency. But more than speed, we focus our energies on accuracy. Currently, we seek a Lead Software Engineer I in our Mason, OH location.
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 5:30pm, Day shift
Full-time, 40 hours weekly
*Salary dependent upon experience*
Work as part of a small agile team to design and implement new features and technologies. Deliver high quality, high performance code in an agile environment. Use, evaluate, and learn exciting new technologies that keep products and teams on the cutting edge. Provide technical direction and oversight for a single development project. Provide leadership to cross-functional teams. Lead the design, development, and maintenance of complex solutions with a focus on quality, performance, and resiliency.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Oversee the work being done by other software engineers working on the team, coordinating team activities with other teams and product groups, maintaining software architecture standards.
2. Consistently defines and applies technologies, standards and software engineering practices, mentoring other team members
3. Lead and Direct software engineering resources to ensure timely and quality delivery of services.
4. Responsible for mentoring junior talent as well as directing technical staff through technical challenges, tasks and projects.
5. Develop key product features within existing large-scale enterprise applications & new strategic initiatives.
6. Participate in the full SDLC involving design, implementation, testing, and launching.
7. Collaborate with cross-functional partners (QA, Business Analyst, Tech Pubs, etc.) in an Agile/Scrum team environment.
8. Assist with the generation and analysis of business and functional requirements for proposed software solutions.
9. Participate in and sometimes lead architectural and database design discussions as they relate to product direction.
10. Create design specifications, documentation, and unit testing plans as defined by the Agile development process.
11. Generate data for project planning, including task breakdown and estimation of work for a project. Tracks status within the project as necessary.
12. Delegates tasks to project team members to balance work and increase team cross-training
13. Raises long-term architecture issues within project
14. Own the delivery of an entire piece of a system or application, and serve as a technical lead on small to midsize complex projects.
15. Build software solutions where the problem is not well defined. Design and define the interaction between the other component pieces.
16. Maintain and support software solutions post-production.
17. Implements and debugs some of the more involved/complex functionality.
Education Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
Work Experience: 7 years of professional experience in software development.
Physical and Mental: Ability to multi-task, Analytical skills, Ability to follow verbal or written instructions, Thinking analytically, Communication, Using effective verbal communication, Using effective written communication, Handling stress & emotions, Concentrating on tasks, Making decisions, Adjusting to change, Examining/observing details, Sitting for long periods at a time
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented (OO) design patterns, distributed databases, and data modeling techniques.
• Proficiency in Enterprise Java programming plus one or more modern programming languages
• Ability to direct and motivate other technical resources.
• Ability to work well with people and be both highly motivated and motivating
• Experience in development of distributed/scalable systems and high-volume transaction applications.
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• Motivation to drive tasks to completion and take ownership of projects.
How To Apply
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact candidates to be interviewed
Quest Diagnostics has many career opportunities for individuals whose talent, initiative and dedication will complement our belief that the patient comes first and that values do matter. We work to earn our customers’ trust every day by providing the highest quality diagnostic information services in a professional, accessible and informative way. Our workforce is diverse and talented and believes in our vision: Empowering Better Health with Diagnostic Insights.
[All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.]
Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity. Quest Diagnostics does not discriminate against individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance in completing an employment application please email QDJobs@questdiagnostics.com
or call 262-439-1939 for assistance or an accommodation
Website : http://www.questdiagnostics.com
Quest Diagnostics has headquarters in the U.S. and operations in India, Ireland, Mexico, and the United Kingdom. Our products and services are used by customers in over 130 countries. We also collaborate with many international diagnostic laboratories, hospitals and clinics to help improve human health around the world.The company is the leading provider of pre-employment drugs-of-abuse screening for employers & risk assessment services for the life insurance industry. It is the world’s 2nd largest provider of clinical trials testing for new pharmaceuticals.