Lead Structural Engineer
Sep 11, 2017
The Woodlands, TX, US
Requisition ID: 69261
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
• Work on large size or multiple small size engineering projects with minimum supervision.
• Define scope of work, prepare estimate and schedule for civil/structural engineering portion of work in a project.
• Developing and directing project plans with the Engineering Project Manager (e.g. project budget, schedules, and change management requirements etc.) Prepare, monitor, and update project plans, schedules, and budgets (including staffing needs) to project management and department management
• Reviewing, monitoring and ensuring compliance requirements are met for design and (e.g. Standards, specification and local codes and regulations etc.)
• Incorporate requirements of the Engineering, Procurement, Construction (EPC) contract, customer Requests for Proposals (RFPs), professional service agreements, or other contractual requirements ensuring projects meet or exceed project goals.
• Mentor and direct work of entry and mid-level employees for skills development, review progress and results, and provide direction and coaching as needed.
• Lead the coordination effort with internal and external partners including cross-discipline, construction, vendors, fabricator(s), and owners to address structural-related issues or concerns.
• Prepare, monitor, and update project plans, schedules, and budgets (including staffing needs) to project management and department management.
• 15 years hand on experience in civil/structural engineering in the oil and gas or heavy industrial market, preferably with EPC experience.
• Knowledgeable in engineering software, such as Staad Pro, SAP2000, SAFE, spMats, and Mathcad.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering in a civil from an ABET accredited four-year college or university program. Some masters’ coursework preferred
• Licensed Professional Engineer
• Familiar with latest national and design codes such as IBC, ACI and AISC.
• Experience in LNG projects is strongly desirable.
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market:
Construction, Engineer, Structural Engineer, Procurement, Wastewater, Engineering, Operations
Kiewit Corporation Jobs
Website : http://www.kiewit.com
"Just as a rock is not shaken by a strong or sudden gust of wind, neither should we be affected by praise or success. We must not be satisfied with our past accomplishments and we should make every effort to improve and expand our operations – but only in an orderly and beneficial manner…a company cannot stand still for long – either it goes ahead or it slides back."