American International Group, Inc.
Apply with LinkedIn
This position available in Brentwood/Nashville, TN. A relocation allowance will be considered on a case by case basis.
AIG is currently seeking motivated internal wholesalers with previous life insurance experience to join our growing sales organization. Under the guidance of a highly respected and forward-thinking leadership team, the ideal candidates are results-driven and interested in growing their careers in a professional environment and collaborative, team-oriented culture. Internal wholesalers will have the opportunity to learn from, and work alongside, a supportive and progressive leadership team with hundreds of years of combined industry knowledge.
AIG features a diverse portfolio of life insurance products built on addressing the growing needs of consumers, including innovative retirement solutions. A company rich in history, AIG has a strong global presence and serves 99.6% of all Fortune 500 companies, as well as clients in 100 countries and jurisdictions. In 2014, AIG employed approximately 65,000 individuals and has a revenue of $64.4 billion.
As part of this new team you will be responsible for providing multi-carrier product training, product selection and case design for key distributors with the goal of driving new sales and enhancing existing business relationships for the assigned distribution channel. The Internal Wholesalers call on firms such as: Merrill Lynch, Wells Fargo, Time Financial, Raymond James, UBS, Edward Jones, VALIC and AIG Advisor Group.
• Respond to Advisor questions about product portfolio while addressing and working through the challenges of the business development process which includes creating and sending case specific illustrations and marketing material for the product portfolio.
• Communication between Advisor and other internal departments to accomplish goals.
• Master product knowledge from multiple carriers and provide agent training on the nuances of the various products available in the marketplace.
The Ideal Candidate should have:
We are seeking a goal oriented, self-directed individual who is constantly striving to exceed expectations with an enthusiastic sales attitude, as well as the following:
• Minimum 3 years of Traditional and Variable Life Insurance experience.
• Minimum 2 years of financial services or investment management experience.
• Minimum 2 years of sales/marketing experience.
• Bachelor’s degree or work experience equivalent with an emphasis on marketing/business.
• Strong knowledge of Life Insurance product design and sales concepts.
• Strong phone and interpersonal communication skills (verbal & written).
• Must be able to apply sound discretion and judgment abilities.
• Requires a demonstrated record of initiative, leadership, problem-solving and adaptability.
• Possesses the ability to plan, organize, develop and deliver effective plans / presentations to a targeted audience.
• Group I Life License; FINRA Series 6 or 7 and Series 63 or Series 66 license.
• Multi-Carrier experience is highly desirable but not required.
• Long Term Care and Disability Insurance experience desired.
• Competitive salaries and monthly sales incentives
• Medical/Dental/Vision plans starting on your first day of employment. Individual and family options available
• 24 PTO days annually (accrual 2 days month) and increasing to 27 days in the 5th year
• 9 Paid Holidays with early office closures preceding the holidays 6 times annually. Office closures vary by location/city/business units
• 401K with a 100% company match on the first 6% - immediate vesting
•Life Insurance Coverage Options
American International Group, Inc.
Website : http://www.aig.com
American International Group, Inc. provides insurance products and services for the commercial, institutional, and individual customers in the United States and internationally. The company operates in two segments: AIG Property Casualty, and AIG Life and Retirement. The AIG Property Casualty segment offers casualty insurance products that cover general liability, commercial automobile liability, workers' compensation, excess casualty, and crisis management insurance; industrial energy-related and commercial property insurance products, which cover exposures to man-made and natural disasters; aerospace, environmental, political risk, trade credit, surety and marine insurance products for small and medium sized enterprises; and various forms of professional liability insurance products. It also provides personal accidental and supplemental health products for individuals, employees, associations, and other organizations; and life products, as well as a range of travel insurance products and services for leisure and business travelers. This segment distributes its insurance products and services through brokers, agents, and direct marketing and partner organizations, as well as the Internet. The AIG Life and Retirement segment offers a suite of products and services to individuals and groups, including term life insurance, universal life insurance, accident and health insurance, fixed and variable group annuities, administrative and compliance services, mutual funds, and financial planning. This segment distributes its products through banks, broker-dealers, financial advisors, independent marketing organizations, insurance agents, structured settlement brokers, benefit consultants, and direct-to-consumer platforms. The company also provides private residential mortgage guaranty insurance and direct investment book services; and derivatives intermediary services. American International Group, Inc. was founded in 1919 and is based in New York, New York.