CACI International Inc
Logistics Technician 2
Must be Current
Under general supervision, performs a variety of tasks associated with managing the flow of shipments both inbound and outbound in the manner that is most cost effective.
MUST HAVE A CURRENT SECRET CLEARANCE
Must have experience in assisting with logistics lifecycle management, shipping/receiving, storage, material handling, and asset management to be able to provide the implementation and sustainment of networking and satellite telecommunication’s equipment. Knowledge of specific processes associated with infrastructure and logistics management, including receiving, tracking, labeling, preparing, and shipping. Be able to maintain compliance with ISO 9001:2008 processes.
Routes outbound delivered loads and inbound back-hauls. Utilizes logistics software. References DOT regulations on hours of service. Manages load utilization. Coordinates common carrier activities. Maintains customer database and profile by customer location. Updates information for each customer. Maintains customer delivery time windows. Maintains customer data base network system. Responsible for tracking raw materials. Coordinates communications associated with logistics distribution of material. Coordinates the distribution point of material for incoming and outgoing material. Compiles data on standardization and interchangeability of parts to expedite logistics activities. Provides regular reporting to senior management on logistics and inventory issues. May participate in the creation of procedures and communication material that document logistic practices. Participates in personnel safety activities. May provide advice and guidance to less experienced staff.
- Assist with receiving of hardware components including verification, database entry, and documentation preparation and utilizing proper storage techniques.
- Assist with shipment of hardware components to the appropriate sites, including notifying sites of planned shipments, packaging, documentation preparation, quality control and database asset management.
- Assist with processing shipments- developing shipping build of materials; packaging shipments; providing pre-ship notification; tracking shipments; assisting with Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA); tracking and confirming deliveries.
- Assist with audit asset inventory and lifecycle service programs using asset management, asset discovery and tracking tools; performing a variety of audit functions involving the formulation, execution, and/or analysis of equipment and material.
- Maintain, release and track asset documentation in paper and/or electronic form, ensuring that integration requests reflect latest requirements; verifying that all asset documents are present.
- Notify appropriate personnel of any new or updated data and distributing copies of asset information as required.
- Remove and properly dispose of customer approved disposition equipment.
- Maintain relevant metrics that help the team to be more efficient.
- Ensure all assigned work activities are performed in a timely and cost effective manner while maintaining the highest quality of performance.
- Occasional local area travel required.
-Must be able to work independently
-Must be able to work directly with the customer and senior leadership
Familiarization with ISO 9001:2008
Experience with Department of State Logistics
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Typically requires high school diploma or equivalent, and three to four years of related experience. Must be able to operate wide variety of material handling equipments (MHE).
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to handle; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, bend, crouch or crawl. The employee must also occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds or more.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. Join CACI, where you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. A Fortune magazine World's Most Admired Company in the IT Services industry, CACI is a member of the Fortune 1000 Largest Companies, the Russell 2000 Index, and the S&P SmallCap600 Index. CACI provides dynamic careers for over 20,000 employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
CACI International Inc
Website : http://www.caci.com
CACI provides information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. A member of the Fortune 1000 Largest Companies, the Russell 2000 Index, and the S&P SmallCap 600 Index, CACI provides dynamic careers for over 15,800 employees working in over 120 offices worldwide. Visit www.caci.com.