Sep 8, 2017
Keller, TX, US, 76244
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in speciality glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Our Optical Communications segment has recently evolved from being a manufacturer of optical fiber and cable, hardware and equipment to being a comprehensive provider of industry-leading optical solutions across the broader communications industry.This segment is classified into two main product groupings – carrier network and enterprise network. The carrier network product group consists primarily of products and solutions for optical-based communications infrastructure for services such as video, data and voice communications. The enterprise network product group consists primarily of optical-based communication networks sold to businesses, governments and individuals for their own use.
• Gain real life experience in a small distribution center which supports both in house manufacturing and regional distribution activities
• Participate and lead a real life continuous improvement/problem solving effort
• Formally present project efforts to a large, cross functional set of leaders within Corning
• Work in a dynamic team environment that leverages the resources of our large organization to drive continuous improvement projects
• Develop an understanding of internal Corning logistics processes including both domestic and international networks
Qualifications / experience required
• Seeking a Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain or Industrial Engineering discipline
• Proficiency in data manipulation and entry
• Some experience in logistics or supply chain related field – transportation, equipment, inventory, production, forecasting, etc.
• Inquisitive nature and willingness to challenge the status quo.
• Proficient in computer applications including Excel (above average), PowerPoint; data extraction and manipulation.
• Ability to conceptualize and implement processes for gathering, consolidating, and reporting new performance metrics related to distribution center
• Strong as a problem solver, especially in working with others to achieve results
• Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
• Familiarity with Supply Chain methods, metrics, best practices, and costs.
• Working knowledge of SAP enterprise management software
• Working knowledge of lean/six sigma
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Nearest Major Market:
Nearest Secondary Market:
Corning Incorporated Jobs
Website : http://www.corning.com
Corning Incorporated manufactures and sells specialty glasses, ceramics, and related materials worldwide. The company operates through five segments: Display Technologies, Optical Communications, Environmental Technologies, Specialty Materials, and Life Sciences. The Display Technologies segment manufactures glass substrates for active matrix liquid crystal displays (LCDs) that are used primarily in notebook computers, flat panel desktop monitors, and LCD televisions. The Optical Communications segment manufactures optical fiber and cable, and hardware and equipment products comprising cable assemblies, fiber optic hardware and connectors, optical components and couplers, closures, network interface devices, and other accessories. The Environmental Technologies segment manufactures ceramic substrates and filter products for emissions control in mobile and stationary, and gasoline and diesel applications. The Specialty Materials segment manufactures products that provide approximately 150 material formulations for glass, glass ceramics, and fluoride crystals. The Life Sciences segment develops, manufactures, and supplies scientific laboratory products, such as general labware and equipment, as well as specialty surfaces, media, and reagents for cell culture research, bioprocessing, genomics, drug discovery, microbiology, and chemistry. This segment also develops and produces various technologies, including the Corning Epic technology for screening; the Corning HYPER platform of vessels for cell yields; Corning Microcarriers for cell scale-up, therapy, and vaccine applications; Corning CellBIND, Matrigel, BioCoat, and Synthemax II surfaces; and Corning stemgro media. Corning Incorporated has strategic collaboration agreement with World Kitchen, LLC. The company was formerly known as Corning Glass Works and changed its name to Corning Incorporated in April 1989. Corning Incorporated was founded in 1851 and is based in Corning, New York.