Family Dollar Stores, Inc.
MANAGER - INVESTOR & MEDIA RELATIONS','HUM08846','!*!
MANAGER – INVESTOR AND MEDIA RELATIONS
THE OPPORTUNITY - MUST BE WILLING TO RELOCATE TO CHESAPEAKE, VA
Dollar Tree is the largest and most successful single-price point retailer in North America, operating more than 14,400 stores across the 48 contiguous states and five Canadian provinces. We are a Fortune 200 company and have a wide network of investors and shareholders who depend on our Investor Relations department for timely communications and strategic media outreach. The Manager of Investor and Media Relations is a highly visible position at Dollar Tree and is responsible for the development, implementation and execution of a comprehensive and proactive investor and media relations program. This role will act as the primary spokesperson to the media and will collaborative research and coordinate crisis communication responses. The ideal candidate will represent Dollar Tree with the utmost professionalism and thrives in a fast-pace, team environment that is constantly evolving to ensure consistent and profitable growth while delivering top shareholder returns.
Lead the collection, analysis and presentation of feedback to the Company of investor perceptions and opinions, brokerage security analysts’ reports, estimates and research summaries, relative stock price movements, and periodic ownership analysis.
Coordinate and maintain investor relations calendar and schedule of events. Track performance of Investor Relations-related initiatives and prioritize investor targeting efforts.
Represent Dollar Tree, and Family Dollar, to the media and public by acting as the initial media contact and Company spokesperson. Must be able to leverage departmental relationships with appropriate internal stakeholders.
Oversee Company’s public relations strategies, policies and procedures, press releases and media opportunities.
Coordinate and facilitate Investor Relations meetings and activities.
Support presentations for Investor Conferences, Annual Shareholder Meetings, Field Leadership Conferences and other events as needed.
Develop, maintain and distribute Investor Relations reports to Executives and the Board.
Manage relationship with external crisis communications vendor partner.
Develop, maintain and utilize a database of holding statements for potential media events: store openings, closings, OSHA, health department, product quality, consumer activists, etc.
Provide project support for development of annual reports, sustainability reports, etc.
Maintain and update the investor relations portion of the Company’s website.
Perform departmental support and other business functions as assigned.
· Minimum 3 years of experience in corporate communications or investor relations is required
· Bachelor’s Degree, preferred field of Communications, Public Relations, or Finance
· Experience with a Fortune 500 Public Company is preferred
· Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal skills are required
· Working understanding of financial statements and financial reporting
· Understanding of the professional investor/analyst universe – including both buy-side and sell-side institutions
· Strong collaboration and influencing skills
· Ability to effectively partner with executive management, team members and clients; ability to work well with all levels of employees is critical
· Project management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities at once, ability to think and act both strategically and tactically
· Exceptional attention to detail
· Ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment
· Proficient in Microsoft Office – All applications
· Some travel required (approximately 5-10%)
','Human Resources','VA-Chesapeake','','Manager','Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)','Day Job','Yes, 50 % of the Time','','Ongoing','Yes','Yes','Yes','MANAGER - INVESTOR & MEDIA RELATIONS
Family Dollar Stores, Inc.
Website : http://www.familydollar.com
Today, Family Dollar serves families in more than 8,000 neighborhoods in 46 states. We are committed to the communities we serve, not only by offering quality merchandise at low prices, but also by supporting the non-profit organizations that seek to improve the quality of life of our customers and Team Members. To maximize the impact of our charitable contributions, Family Dollar’s corporate giving program currently is focused exclusively upon programs whose purpose is to provide the basic necessities of life, including food, clothing and shelter, to low-income and low-middle income families, including senior citizens, minorities and at-risk youth, primarily in neighborhoods where the Company operates.