* This posting is for position that report to the St. Louis Manufacturing Research & Development team within the Boeing Research and Technology's (BR&T) Manufacturing Technology Integration organization.
* Seeking a Manufacturing R&D Laboratory Technician to provide support to engineers in the areas of automation & equipment, process development, and mechanical drilling/fastening/inspection/assembly technologies across composite fabrication, paint operations, and assembly operations in support of multiple aircraft and weapons programs.
* Evaluates parts, materials, processes, technology or equipment through research and testing to ensure safety, reliability and adherence to requirements and specifications.
* Analyzes failed parts and processes to reduce or eliminate future failures.
* Generates test plans, identifies and categorizes failures, determines root cause and documents results and recommendations.
* Proposes, develops and validates revisions to procedures and specifications.
* Determines suitability of parts, materials and processes.
* Determines suitability of parts, materials and processes and coordinates resolution of issues with suppliers and customers.
* Supports continuous improvement of products and processes by designing, developing, fabricating, testing, evaluating and implementing new concepts and technology.
* Provides knowledge and technical consultation to internal and external customers.
* Works under general direction from lab lead and engineers supporting production programs.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Engineering Test and Tech
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Basic Qualifications (Required):
* This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
* Must have the ability to resolve technical problems affecting cost, schedule or performance.
* Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work within and across an Integrated Product Team (IPT).
Experience working in a laboratory environment
AA degree in related discipline.
Contingent Upon Program Award
Website : http://www.boeing.com/
Boeing is the world's leading aerospace company and the largest manufacturer of commercial jetliners and military aircraft combined. Additionally, Boeing designs and manufactures rotorcraft, electronic and defense systems, missiles, satellites, launch vehicles and advanced information and communication systems. As a major service provider to NASA, Boeing is the prime contractor for the International Space Station. The company also provides numerous military and commercial airline support services. Boeing provides products and support services to customers in 150 countries and is one of the largest U.S. exporters in terms of sales.