We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
The role of Maintenance Engineer provides technical support to Root Cause Failure Analyses, troubleshooting of problems, and monitoring PM and PdM programs. This position also ensures a culture of continuous improvement employing LEAN Manufacturing tools. S/he will lead and provide oversight for maintenance technical issues and support reliability and mechanical integrity efforts as needed.
Maintenance Engineer (1701955) - Elyria, OH
Formula for Success: You Will…
- Provide technical support to the Maintenance Superintendent, specialists, and craftsmen on challenging equipment repair issues.
- Maintain troubleshooting support and present recommendations to operations on equipment reliability items.
- Responsible for supporting maintenance technicians, planners, scheduler, embedded contractors, and contracted work forces performing maintenance activities from the technical aspect.
- Provide input for the Maintenance Budget.
- Support annual plant shutdown plans and execution.
- Act as a discipline engineer for plant Management of Change expense projects. Develop scopes of work, work packages, and obtain quotes as required.
- Evaluate new technologies and alternatives for equipment repair while seeking cost and delivery advantages.
- Support capital projects by supplying engineering expertise in the specification, design, and construction of projects in accordance with plant design requirements, BASF standards, and regulatory requirements.
- Support the following reliability efforts as needed:
- Participate in Root Cause Failure Analysis and execute corrective actions for complex and/or repetitive problems.
- Engage in the Bad Actor program and implement action plans for improving reliability.
- Support reliability processes to drive improvements, optimize costs, and improve asset effectiveness (e.g., Bad Actor Management, FMEA, RBI, RBM, RCM, Reliability Roadmap) as needed.
- Support maintaining and optimizing Preventative Maintenance (PM) and Predictive Maintenance (PdM) plans.
- Support the maintenance superintendent with the following items as needed:
- Reviewing work order feedback forms for accuracy/completeness and providing feedback to planner and scheduler regarding potential improvements to similar future work as needed.
- Evaluating jobs and eliminating unnecessary or redundant work as needed.
- Continuous improvement to the maintenance work processes to enhance plant availability and reduce the plant repair factor.
- Daily operations of utilities including, but not limited to, boilers, air compressors, cooling towers, and electrical distribution as needed.
- Develop and maintain SOPs for utility systems. Ensure all maintenance employees are trained on all applicable procedures.
- Assist in the training and development of maintenance resources.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
QUALIFICATIONS - BASF RECOGNIZES INSTITUTIONS OF HIGHER EDUCATION WHICH ARE ACCREDITED BY THE COUNCIL FOR HIGHER EDUCATION ACCREDITATION OR EQUIVALENT
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
- Bachelor's degree required combined with a minim of 1 year of working experience in a manufacturing environment or relevant Military experience.
- An understanding of manufacturing equipment and overall plant manufacturing processes; familiarity with environmental, safety, and health procedures and issues.
- Ability to read piping & instrumentation drawings, engineering specifications & drawings, and vendor-supplied information.
- Team player with a strong work ethic and solid understanding of the cause/effect relationship of production transactions coupled with technical analytical skills.
- Strong electrical background is a plus.
- Awareness of Technical standards, procurement policies, material control/expediting, estimating tools, the project execution process, as well as site and plant procedures a plus.
- Experience with manufacturing reporting systems, specifically SAP, is a plus.
PRIMARY LOCATION: US-OH-Elyria
FUNCTION: ENGI - Engineering & Technical Service
JOB TYPE: Standard
SHIFT: Day Job
ORGANIZATION: G-CCP-Process Catalysts
Website : http://www.basf.com/
BASF is the world’s leading chemical company – The Chemical Company. With about 111,000 employees, six Verbund sites and close to 370 production sites worldwide we serve customers and partners in almost all countries of the world. In 2011, BASF posted sales of €73.5 billion and income before special items of approximately €8.4 billion. We combine economic success, social responsibility and environmental protection. Through science and innovation we enable our customers in almost all industries to meet the current and future needs of society.