Requisition ID: 60821
Manages Retail construction and engineering projects, including project delivery, document management and control, change management, forecasting/risk analysis and cost and schedule integration and reporting.
Construction & Engineering Management (35%)
* Oversees retail construction and engineering requirements. Reviews and approves plans at various stages of construction. Prepares site analyses and cost estimates. * Represents Retail Support Services and works closely with Retail internal customers and stakeholders, including Retail Operations, Merchandising, Procurement and EH&S.
Project Management (30%)
* Schedules construction and engineering projects and communicates status and timing of projects to appropriate management. * Ensures compliance with local/city/state/federal governments, building codes, and permits. Ensures proper environmental requirements are covered in associated contracts to ensure compliance.
Vendor Management (15%)
* Manages vendor resources for construction and engineering to maximize performance standards and receive best service and value available in accordance with policy and procedure. Manages construction vendor relationships, including hiring, set-up, negotiation of rates, monitoring of workmanship, quality, and responsiveness. Resolves construction vendor issues.
Staff Management (10%)
* Manages staff, reviews performance, identifies strengths and weaknesses, coaches subordinates toward understanding of construction and engineering methods. Develops staff to enhance career opportunities. * Fosters safety and environmental stewardship values.
Budgeting and Forecasting (10%)
* Prepares budgets for areas of responsibility and participates in budgeting process, including coordination with Retail Operations to prepare construction and engineering budgets. * Presents reports to management regarding construction, engineering and maintenance activities. * Sets strategy and goals for that support Retail and corporate strategies.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Minimum Bachelor's Degree in relevant field or related experience is required. * Minimum 10 years related construction and engineering experience is preferred.
* Organizational * Time management * Negotiation * Communication * Project management * Collaboration * Microsoft Office * Ability to travel to sites
Tesoro Corporation, a Fortune 100 company, is a leading independent refiner and marketer of petroleum products with a strategically focused presence in the western United States. Tesoro, through our subsidiaries, owns and operates seven refineries with a combined capacity of over 895,000 barrels per day. Our retail-marketing system includes over 2,400 retail stations under the ARCO®, Shell®, Exxon®, Mobil®, USA Gasoline(tm), Rebel(tm) and Tesoro® brands. Our full-service logistics business, a master limited partnership formed by Tesoro Corporation as Tesoro Logistics LP (TLLP), owns and operates 4,000 miles of crude oil, refined products and natural gas pipelines; 29 crude oil and refined products truck and marine terminals; 15 million barrels of storage capacity; two crude oil rail facilities; and four natural gas processing complexes. Headquartered in San Antonio, Texas, our operations span 18 states.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Tempe || Arizona || United States (US) || SF:LI-YCP-1 || |Marketing & Retail || 85281 ||
Website : http://www.tsocorp.com
As one of the largest independent refiners and marketers of petroleum products in the United States, Tesoro plays an integral role in fueling the communities we serve. We are committed to safe, clean, reliable operations, while creating value for everyone invested in our success. Through our advantaged crude supply and integrated network of refineries, transportation and terminal operations, logistics assets and retail stations, we are intentionally positioned to capitalize on today’s opportunities and tomorrow’s possibilities.