Imagine yourself as part of Visa’s Leadership College, a team that is shaping leadership development and driving a learning culture at Visa. We are an organization that learns and you play a key role in unleashing the leadership potential of our employees worldwide. This affords you with a unique opportunity to work on some of the most highly visible initiatives inside one of the world’s most valuable brands. The opportunity will allow you to be creative, strategic and impactful. It will also test your ability to thrive under the pressure of intense expectations and a multitude of critical stakeholders, and ultimately be a rock star in a company where industry leadership is the norm.
The timing for doing this work at Visa has never been better. We have the backing of our CEO who has made the Everyone is a Leader philosophy a top priority for the company’s agenda.
ABOUT YOU: MINDSET AND ATTITUDE
• You are passionate about providing access to impactful learning experiences to employees globally
• You are resilient and flexible – you perceive false starts, changing priorities and constructive feedback as opportunities, not setbacks
• You are curious and broad in your orientation: you are knowledgeable and up-to-date not only on what’s current in talent and leadership development, but also like to understand the industry and business environment in which you operate
• You are comfortable operating in both the strategic and the tactical and can constantly switch between the two
• You keep the learner experience front-and-center in everything you do
• You have a global mindset – you take genuine interest in other cultures, do not suffer from “HQ syndrome”, and embrace the need to operate with cultural norms and in time zones other than your own
• You are action-oriented and adept at dealing with ambiguity
• You are a team player: skilled at developing relationships across levels and geographies, enthusiastically roll up your sleeves, and willing to pitch in where necessary
• Visa’s Leadership College is making leadership development an integral part of life at Visa where every employee, regardless of level and location, will have access to a wealth of resources to be even more effective
• We are a start up within a large, global organization
• We are a team of experts in our respective disciplines, but more importantly, we strive to harness our collective expertise in the most effective way for the benefit of learners
• We combine rigor, data and subject matter expertise with intuition and common sense of what will be most effective for the business. We like to prototype, launch and evaluate. We are comfortable learning from our mistakes.
IF YOU LIKE WHAT YOU SEE SO FAR AND THINK THERE’S A FIT – KEEP READING. YOU ARE ALMOST THERE.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (NOT AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST) - UNDER THE GUIDANCE OF DIRECTOR, LEADERSHIP AND EXECUTIVE DEVELOPMENT, YOU WILL:
1. Identify leadership development needs: you will use human-centered design methodology to discover, synthesize and clearly articulate Visa employees’ leadership development needs.
2. Translate needs into leadership development solutions: you will use your design expertise and breadth of knowledge of external leadership development resources to design, curate and/or buy-and customize-for-Visa the most impactful solutions. You will need to be adept both at designing programs yourself as well as providing strategic direction for work done by select external providers. You will play a key role in scaling leadership development to maximize opportunities for all employees to benefit from impactful learning opportunities – keeping in mind especially the needs of those employees based outside of HQ/Visa University campus locations.
3. Develop and grow key relationships: you will skillfully cultivate and grow key internal and external relationships. You will form and engage in productive partnerships with critical internal stakeholders – business and HR leaders – to evangelize the work you do and scale it effectively across the organization. You will also leverage and continue to grow your well-established network of external content providers/experts to ensure Visa’s Leadership College leverages best-in-class thought leadership. You will be versatile in the work you do in the context of these relationships: from ensuring buy-in with a high-level internal stakeholder, to negotiating a contract with an outside provider and everything in-between.
4. Improve and Grow Your Portfolio: you will have an opportunity to evolve existing learning solutions from good to great and launch new ones. You will leverage your strategic and critical thinking to articulate how the learning solutions you own can evolve into the future. Keeping in mind that the end goal is behavior change and business impact, you will devise strategies to ensure that learning sticks. You will use your creativity and knowledge of adult learning methodology to design impactful mechanisms for post-program application of program content. You will launch and grow communities of learning to ensure learning occurs beyond the programmatic components. You will leverage the art-science balance to evaluate and constantly improve leadership development at Visa to make it even more impactful for Visa’s employees, and ultimately for Visa’s business.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum 5-7 years of experience in leadership development or equivalent –including design experience- in a corporate environment
• Demonstrated learning agility with a variety of content areas: while you will rely on your experience, you will also need to master new content areas/ways of doing things quickly
• Extensive experience with designing and implementing programs/content at-scale for employees across organizational levels in a global environment
• Strong project management skills to lead a concept from inception to execution
• Track record of effectively identifying, evaluating and articulating a fit between business needs and leadership development solutions
• Solid knowledge of and strong experience with selecting and leading content partners/vendors on design-related initiatives
• High emotional intelligence
• Strong business acumen, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Knowledge of adult learning theory and experience with a variety of learning modalities: both instructor-led and online
• Poise at engaging and developing collaborative, productive relationships with business and HR stakeholders globally
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Instructional design background is a plus
YOU HAVE A ONCE-IN-A-CAREER OPPORTUNITY TO HELP SHAPE LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT INSIDE THE WORLD’S PAYMENTS LEADER. ARE YOU UP FOR THE CHALLENGE?
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
You may click here
to apply for this job at SmartRecruiters.
View More Visa Jobs
Website : http://www.visa.com
Visa connects consumers, merchants and financial institutions around the world with products and services that make payments more convenient and more secure.