Avon Products, Inc.
We are currently searching a Manager to join our New Technology functional area to lead and/or support matrix teams in developing and validating technical models by identifying and evaluating technologies for transformational product opportunities for a variety of cosmetic and skin care applications. The candidate will lead technology scouting efforts and cross- functional teams to convert technologies into actionable product prototypes that demonstrate unique and superior consumer perceivable benefits.
The candidate will combine strong technical acuity with the ability to present complex scientific concepts to a wide variety of audiences from subject matter experts to layman.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Identify novel materials/technologies (e.g., polymers, surface modifiers, optical materials) to support development of new cosmetic and skin care products by working with external partners
• Develop instrumental (e.g. rheological or optical) screens to assess material, prototype and finished product performance
• Independently design technical approaches for projects and execute scientific studies in a timely manner
• Lead, participate and contribute on cross-functional teams to drive development of new and unique cosmetic and skin care product prototypes
• Provide technical consultation to help trouble shoot technical problems associated with physical chemical properties of products, as needed
The candidate for this position will have a minimum of an MS degree, preferably a Ph.D. in
Physical Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Sciences, Biochemistry, or equivalent scientific discipline and a minimum of
5-10 years of related experience. Two plus years of supervisory experience preferred.
Candidate must have strong technical knowledge and hands-on experience in one or more of the technical
areas of: rheology, tribology, polymer chemistry, material science/characterization, material performance, emulsions, dispersions, suspensions, pigments, and/or coatings. Prior working experience with cosmetic and/or skin care products is a plus. The candidate should display a strong history of leadership, teamwork, technical agility and multitasking ability. The candidate must be capable of working independently and as part of a matrix team and must maintain a high degree of flexibility to accommodate fluctuating scheduling requirements under tight time constraints. The candidate should possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. Creative thinking and innovative problem solving skills are essential. Experience in assessing and developing intellectual property is a plus.
Avon Products, Inc.
Website : http://www.avoncompany.com
Everyday, Avon brings beauty to the lives of women all over the world. At Avon, beauty means finding the right lipstick shade for a customer; providing an earnings opportunity so a woman can support her family; and enabling a woman to get her first mammogram. Beauty is about women looking and feeling their best. It’s about championing economic empowerment and improving the lives of women around the world. Avon is a company steeped in tradition, grounded by its core values and principles as well as its vision "to be the company that best understands and satisfies the product, service and self-fulfillment needs of women – globally."