Manager, Property Tax','COR03570','!*!Job Overview:
The Manager of Property Tax’s core purpose is to lead, or support with objective of owning, the administration of real estate taxes for Macy’s and/or Bloomingdale’s properties. This function includes administering all facets of property tax administration: budgeting, appealing, appraisals, and litigation. Responsibilities require the ability to interface effectively with numerous partners within Macy, research tax literature, and perform other duties as assigned.
Perform other duties as assigned. This position is based out of Cincinnati.
• Property Tax Lead – Lead role in administering real estate taxes for Macy’s and/or Bloomingdale’s properties. This function includes administering all facets of property tax administration: budgeting, appealing, appraisals, and litigation. Represent the company in connection with an introductory volume and complexity of states, properties and assignments
• Property Tax Support – Support role (with intent to own) in administering real estate taxes for Macy’s and/or Bloomingdale’s properties. This function includes supporting all facets of property tax administration: budgeting, appealing, appraisals, and litigation
• Development, special projects, other - pursue pipeline and developmental opportunities including appraisal training, real estate tax training, software training, HR sponsored training, and/or give back opportunities at Macy’s
• Support all other projects as assigned
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
• Five or more years of real property tax or other relevant experience.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as reports and procedure manuals.
• Strong math and reconciliation skills plus proven proficiency with Excel.
• Ability to determine value of real property.
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Strong organizational skills for effectively managing multiple priorities to timely completion.
• This position involves extended periods of sitting and the extensive use of computer and the office equipment.
• May involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
• Strong leadership profile and excellent negotiation skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft products and Lotus Notes.
• On-line tax research skills a plus.
• Applicable work hours for full time position, ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
• Significant travel required to property locations.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.','','United States-Ohio-Cincinnati','Tax','Manager, Property Tax
Website : http://www.macys.com
Macy’s, Inc. is one of the nation’s premier retailers, with fiscal 2012 sales of $27.7 billion. The company operates the Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s brands with about 840 department stores in 45 states, the District of Columbia, Guam and Puerto Rico, and the macys.com and bloomingdales.com websites. The company also operates 13 Bloomingdale’s Outlet stores.