Accountability for overseeing and influencing all aspects of development and delivery while constantly moving ahead to improve development efficiencies. You will be responsible for providing technical governance to your assigned domain by partnering closely with the domain triad. Along with strong technical leadership skills, you must possess the ability to articulate goals, issues and opportunities effectively at all levels of the organization and in a variety of mediums. You will also be responsible for mentoring your domain development team in addition to partnering with Architects, Business Analysts, Technical Leads, Software Engineers, Operations, and Quality Engineers; this will need to be executed in a highly collaborative environment to provide quality software and solutions, while providing the necessary leadership to deliver releases on time and on budget.
• Be the Technical SME (Subject Matter Expert) and “the” point of contact for the assigned domain; partner very closely with your cross-domain SMEs to deliver a cohesive and coordinated execution of all domain initiatives.
• Provide oversight to ensure adequate focus on stability, scalability, performance and quality during design and development decisions
• Evolve and enhance the existing software system applications and architecture
• Manage resources for on time delivery of user stories, functionality and infrastructure improvements
• Identify and remove roadblocks for your team
• Provide leadership and guidance to coach, motivate, and lead members to their optimum performance levels and career development
• Own the development team’s tools, processes, and quality/performance of the work produced by the team
• Work with senior developers, software architects and quality assurance engineers to resolve development roadblocks
• Continuously evaluate, design and improve the software development and delivery processes
• Stay current with the newest online technologies; research new technologies and make recommendations on implementations
• Work with distributed teams across various time zones
• Own the relationships with key supporting teams
• Manage the recruitment, on-boarding and training activities of the development team.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other related field; or equivalent work experience
• Must have at least 6 years of experience working through the design, development, release cycle, and delivering software products to market
• Experience in managing development resources including thoughtful leadership to translate business needs into functional requirements
• A record of successful delivery of software applications as an individual, team leader and/or Development manager
• 3 years as a technical lead in a web environment
• 5 years full life cycle development J2EE or UI project and development experience
• 5 years of experience with jQuery
• 3 years of experience with Backbone, Marionette and Underscore
• Solid understanding of Accessibility concerns and SEO fundamentals
• Experience working with and tuning high volume web applications a strong plus
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
• An Object Oriented philosopher with experience understanding and applying OO design patterns
• Able to handle conflict effectively and create camaraderie and team character
• Good understanding of implementing responsive design techniques
• Demonstrated understanding of a mobile-first approach
• Passion for managing continuous optimizations/enhancements to make it robust
• Strong leadership skills and the ability to grow the same in your direct reports
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Website : http://www1.bloomingdales.com/
Bloomingdale's, a leader in department store fashion, serves customers through 40 stores in 12 states. It focuses on upscale fashion apparel and home-related goods, with an emphasis on distinctive merchandise offerings. Known worldwide for its fashion sense and merchandising savvy, Bloomingdale's helped launch the careers of many now-famous designers. Among them are Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hilfiger, Calvin Klein and Donna Karan. New designers are being showcased today at Bloomingdale's and could well be the stars of tomorrow. Bloomingdale's is led by Chairman Michael Gould and President Tony Spring.