Master I&C Technician - Springdale
Master I&C Technician - Springdale
Location: Springdale, PA, US, 15144-0146
Job Function: Plant Operations
Employee Type: Reg Full Time (FT)
Requisition ID: 4281
FirstEnergy at a Glance
FirstEnergy (NYSE: FE) is dedicated to safety, reliability and operational excellence. Headquartered in Akron, Ohio, FirstEnergy includes one of the nation’s largest investor-owned electric systems, more than 24,000 miles of transmission lines that connect the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic regions, and a diverse generating fleet with a total capacity of nearly 17,000 megawatts.
About the Opportunity
This position is with FirstEnergy Generation Company, a subsidiary of FirstEnergy Corp. [FOCT]
JOB SUMMARY: Job Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Operational duties local to the site include local equipment checks, ensuring site has sufficient DI water for continued operation, safety programs including Tag Out – Lock out, Confined space, Hot work permits,
• Installing, inspecting, and maintaining, repairing and calibrating instruments, gauges, meters, relays, communication equipment, electronic, electrical and pneumatic controls and associated equipment at a power station.
• Investigate, collecting data, test, make recommendations and prepare reports on unusual problems with various station equipment and controls.
• Interpreting and analyzing reports of other system failures; redesigning problem areas; preparing recommendations; and providing assistance for modifications.
• Investigating malfunctions and repairin all plant equipment including instrumentation.
• Troubleshooting and repairing problems from relay level circuitry through microprocessor-based systems. Use DCS to troubleshoot control problems.
• Utilizing equipment technical manuals, equipment vendor contacts, station and corporate technical contacts to assist with troubleshooting equipment.
• Read and work from prints, control circuit schematics, DCS and PLC logic, and other equipment functional diagrams.
• Remain up to date of operating, troubleshooting and instrument test procedures and practices.
• Troubleshoots, repairs, installs, tests, removes and replaces motors, generators, rotating equipment, rectifiers, batteries, transformers, regulators, reactors, circuit breakers, disconnecting switches, instruments, control relays, communication equipment, lightning arrestors and other equipment with control apparatus in the generating station, associated substation and facility.
• Providing coverage for unit and equipment outages, both planned and forced.
• Required to be “on call” and to carry a cellular telephone, pager and/or other device as necessary for notification and to report in a timely manner.
• Performs any mechanical maintenance installation and repair on station equipment, structures and buildings.
• Performs pipe fitting, pipe covering, insulation, incidental machining, non-code welding, brazing, flame and arc cutting.
• Operates plant equipment needed to perform job duties including vehicles, cranes, hoists, etc.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
• Demonstrate ability to make decisions
• Demonstrate ability to follow instructions
• Excellent personal computer skills
• Demonstrate ability to safely use and operate all tools and equipment used in technician position (meters, calibration tools, etc.)
• Demonstrate ability to read and understand technical manuals, instructions and prints/drawings.
• Demonstrate skills in troubleshooting electrical, electronics, PLC, and/or DCS controls.
• Must be able to wear personal protective equipment
• Must be able to work at heights, in confined spaces, and in temperature extremes.
• Requires frequent walking, climbing, and bending.
• Must be able to lift light to medium loads.
• Must be willing to work overtime as needed or directed.
• Must be willing to travel including overnight stays for extended durations during plant outages.
• Regular and predictable attendance.
• Must have excellent analysis, written and oral skills.
• Must pass EEI TECH Test.
• Associates degree Eng Technology or Electrical/Electronics/Computer Tech or equivalent.
We administer selection tests for a variety of positions. The required tests have been developed by the Edison Electric Institute (EEI), a trade association of investor-owned electric utility companies. We strongly encourage potential employees to review all information, including the sample test brochures, and to use the available practice tests before taking the actual tests. Click this link to access the practice tests. You will be prompted for a name and password. Use firstenergy for both.
Practice tests provide sample questions and detailed discussions of the correct answers. It's important to take the practice test as you would the actual one, with similar intensity and concentration. You must have Adobe Acrobat Reader on your computer.
Note: EEI website does not allow access to actual tests. Testing is held at various locations throughout our service territory based on where the job is located.
Benefits, Compensation & Workforce Diversity
At FirstEnergy, employees are key to our success. We depend on their talents to meet the challenges of our changing business environment. We are committed to rewarding individual and team efforts through our total rewards philosophy which includes competitive pay plus incentive compensation, a company-sponsored pension plan, 401(k) savings plan with matching employer contribution, a choice of medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and life insurance programs, as well as skills development training with tuition reimbursement. Please visit our website at www.firstenergycorp.com to learn more about all of our employee rewards programs. FirstEnergy proudly supports workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Unable to sponsor or transfer H-1B visas at this time.
Safety is a core value for FirstEnergy and is essential to all of our business activities. We ensure employees have the tools, information, and processes to perform their duties in a manner that assures safety for themselves, their co-workers, our customers and the public. Our goals are to provide a safe work environment, to maintain an accident-free, injury-free workplace, and to promote and maintain public safety. To meet these goals, we dedicate ourselves to achieving world-class safety standards.
FirstEnergy Human Resources Team
Technician, Electrical, Telecom, Telecommunications, Instrumentation, Technology, Engineering
Website : https://www.firstenergycorp.com
FirstEnergy (NYSE: FE) is a diversified energy company dedicated to safety, reliability and operational excellence. Headquartered in Akron, Ohio, FirstEnergy includes one of the nation's largest investor-owned electric systems and a diverse generating fleet with a total capacity of more than 20,000 megawatts.