Harley-Davidson Motor Company Inc
AUTO REQ ID: 5544BR
TITLE: Meeting Planner
JOB FUNCTION: Communications
STATE AND CITY: Wisconsin, Milwaukee
COMPANY: Harley-Davidson Motor Company
FULL OR PART-TIME: Full-Time
SHIFT: Shift 1
Since 1903, our bold and unique purpose has been fulfilling dreams of personal freedom for our customers - and we live our purpose every day. It's more than just a business to us. Our passion for our products and loyalty to our millions of riders and fans worldwide inspire us to deliver premium motorcycles, parts and accessories, apparel, and unmistakable and unmatched experiences.
From Milwaukee to Milano, and many places in between, our employees are essential to our success. We need people who wake up every day with a passion for customers and who come to work with the creativity and drive to make amazing things happen.
This is what you'll do:
- Manage corporate meetings and events through the implementation of strategy, delivery of objectives, and execution of logistics, while effectively working with internal customers
- Manage and assist with any type of global event including those of a complex nature, large volume, confidential in nature, or of an international scope. These meetings and events range in size up to 5000+ people and are held at various locations and venues globally
- Facilitate cross functional meetings and works collaboratively with other departments to assure global event goals, objectives and key performance indicators are met
Bachelor's degree in Hospitality & Hotel Management, Communications, Liberal Arts or Marketing is preferred.
We are looking for someone…
- With a minimum of 3 years relevant meeting/event planning experience required
- Industry related certifications strongly preferred (CMP preferred). Specific relevant coursework (project coordination) a plus
- With the ability to work accurately and timely in a fast paced environment, prioritize work, and multitask in order to meet deadlines
- Who demonstrates strong time management and organizational skills and attention to detail
- Who is able to be flexible and handle change
- Who communicates effectively and professionally with all levels of management and clients
- Who is able to express thoughts and ideas verbally and in writing that is clearly understood by others at various levels within the organization including management
- With strong conflict management skills
- Who is willing and able to work a flexible work schedule, including some evening and weekend work as required
- Who has strong PC skills including proficiency with Windows, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access) and the Internet
- Who is familiar with Social Media
We offer an inclusive compensation package for all full-time salaried employees including, but not limited to, annual bonus programs, health insurance benefits, a 401(k) program, onsite fitness centers and employee stores, employee discounts on products and accessories, and more. We believe that employees do their best work when they are free to be themselves. This means our dress code is relaxed, and all types of work styles are welcomed.
DIRECT REPORTS: No
TRAVEL REQUIRED: 0-10%
Harley-Davidson Motor Company Inc
Website : http://www.harley-davidson.com
When riding your Harley-Davidson® motorcycle be sure to ride safely, respectfully and within the limits of the law and your abilities. Always wear a helmet, proper eyewear and protective clothing and insist your passenger does too. Never ride while under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Know your Harley motorcycle and read and understand your owner’s manual from cover to cover. Where available, sign up for a motorcycle safety training course today.