YMCA Camp Flaming Arrow
Under the general guidance of the Director of Administration, the Member Experience Representative will serve in the Association call center, answering member and program participant inquires related to services offered across the association. This position is responsible for electronic and telephonic engagement with members and participants & maintenance of member and participant accounts, including accounts receivable recovery, input of joins and registrations and maintenance of accounts. The Solution Center maintains records in accordance with state, city and YMCA standards and policies.
1. Provide high-quality telephone customer service to members and program participants or persons inquiring about YMCA membership and programs.
2. Provide information and assistance to branch and youth development staff.
3. Responsible for updating notes in customer records as well as call outcomes for future reference and statistical reporting.
4. Respond to incoming chat and email inquiries from the website
5. Assist in revenue recovery efforts by employing multiple communication methods (robo call, phone call, email, etc.)
6. Process account maintenance as needed including adjustments, refunds, enrollments, cancellations, waitlists, and payment plans.
7. Be prepared to answer a high volume of inbound traffic resulting from outbound appeals for sales and renewals.
8. Prepare daily, weekly and monthly reports as assigned.
9. Maintain accurate 3rd party records through data entry, auditing and reporting.
10. Back up Association office front desk as assigned.
11. Communicate closely with with branch and youth development staff to be knowledgeable of any happenings and/or promotions and advise of trends garnered from communications with members.
12. Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform the job functions required.
LIVING OUR CAUSE:
At the YMCA of Greater San Antonio, we strive to live our cause with purpose everyday. We expect our employees to be:
• Welcoming: We are open to all. We are a place where you can be, belong and become.
• Genuine: We value who you are and encourage you to be true to yourself and others.
• Hopeful: We believe in you and your ability to be a catalyst for good in the world.
• Nurturing: We’re with you in your journey to develop your full potential.
• Determined: Above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
1. Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
2. Two years of prior customer service experience.
3. Bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred.
4. Must possess a positive demeanor to handle multi-tasking and problem solving.
5. Must have outstanding customer service skills.
6. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
7. Employee must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite software including Word and Excel. Must have experience with or obtain proficiency within 30 days of hire on ActiveNet software. Must be able to word process at 30wpm.
8. Certifications required within the first week of hire: Redwoods Bloodborne Pathogens, Hazardous Communications, and Defensive Driving.
9. Certifications required within the first 60 days of hire: YMCA approved basic life saving skills such as CPR, First Aid, AED, and Emergency Oxygen.
10. A Texas Driver’s license is required as well as capacity to drive to various locations within the greater San Antonio metropolitan area.
1. Work is performed in a fast-paced office environment.
2. Visual acuity is required for reading computer screens and/or documents and making changes as necessary/required.
3. This position requires analytical abilities and multitasking in order to identify problems and recommend solutions.
4. Job requires accuracy and attention to detail, organizational, and time management skills, while maintaining high levels of initiative in order to work within deadlines.
5. Incumbent must be able to use keyboards, telephone keypads, and writing utensils.
6. Uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
YMCA Camp Flaming Arrow
Website : http://www.ymcasatx.org/campflamingarrow/
YMCA Camp Flaming Arrow was originally known as the San Antonio YMCA Boys Camp In the late 1800s the San Antonio YMCA began offering summer camp experiences to area boys and in 1927, bought its first permanent campsite in Hunt, Texas. The 217-acre site located on the banks of the south fork of the Guadalupe River was named the San Antonio YMCA Boys Camp. During the next couple of years, ten, wooden, screened cabins that held eight people each were built facing the river. The camp was used only during the summer season and its leaders were made up of San Antonio Y staff, school teachers, and administrators. Activities offered included swimming, boating, archery, woodwork, camp craft skills and sports. In the 1940s horses were added to the program as well as canoeing, tennis, riflery, rope swing, and Ping-Pong. It was during this time period that a recreation hall was built in front of the camper cabins.