Performs order entry tasks and the related activities in support of the medication dispensing process. Key Responsibilities:
• Calculates and/or verifies the correct dosage based on the prescription
• Enters new and refill orders in a timely and accurate manner.
• Process orders based on the priority assigned
• Batch and print labels, forms and delivery tickets
• Prepare backup pharmacy orders
• Comply with a process that addresses all state and federal guidelines regarding medication labeling.
• Provide dispensing pharmacists with information regarding allergies and drug interactions, therapeutic duplications, and other items that the computer flags.
• Courteously assists all internal and external customers
• Consult with dispensing pharmacist regarding prescription order clarification, non-stock items, order entry problems or concerns.
• Complete all data fields according to pharmacy procedures including use of approved abbreviations.
• Follow all applicable government regulations including HIPAA.
• Assist with pharmacy workflow as needed
• Other duties as assigned; Job duties may vary by location.
Minimum (Required) Qualifications: (must be met in order to perform the job at the required level). • Good interpersonal skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently, meet deadlines and be flexible
• Good organizational skills and detail oriented
• Knowledge of medical terminology (including sig codes and Roman numeral), brand and generic names of medications and general pharmacy terminology
• Ability to perform tasks accurately and efficiently when inputting information
• Ability to maintain composure on phone when handling customer calls.
• Licensed/registered pharmacy technician or as required by state law
• Basic math and analytical skills
• Intermediate typing/keyboarding skills
• Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English
Preferred Qualifications: (if above and beyond the minimum required). • Previous pharmacy technician experience. Physical Demands: May sit, stand, stoop, bend and walk intermittently during the day. May sit or stand seven (7) to ten (10) hours per day. May be necessary to work extended hours as needed. Finger dexterity to operate office equipment required. May need to lift up to twenty-five (25) pounds on occasion. Visual acuity to see and read fine prints. Specific vision abilities required by this role include close vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to hear normal voice sounds. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this role.
• Previous data entry experience
· High School diploma or equivalent
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking AA EEO CVS Health at mailto:AA_EEO@cvscaremark.com
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/
Website : https://www.caremark.com
CVS Caremark (NYSE: CVS), headquartered in Woonsocket, RI, is the largest pharmacy health care provider in the United States with integrated offerings across the entire spectrum of pharmacy care. Through our unique suite of assets, we are reinventing pharmacy to offer innovative solutions that help people on their path to better health. We are focused on enhancing access to care, lowering overall health care costs for plan members and payors, and improving health outcomes.