Oceaneering International, Inc.
Oceaneering Entertainment Systems (OES) is an award-winning ride systems designer/integrator that contributes to the cutting-edge development of theme park technologies and other custom solutions. Comprised of some of the best talent in the industry, OES is a group of engineers,installers, planners, project managers, and visionaries who work together to bring a logical approach to its Customers’ creative challenges. The success of OES comes from our ability to interpret the visions of some of the most talented Creative Designers in the themed attractions industry, and utilize its compelling engineering expertise in order to help them create compelling shows and powerful experiences.
*For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click on Non-Oilfield, then click on Entertainment Systems.*
The Planning and Resources Manager ensures proper Phase planning is undertaken at the Project level. The Planning and Resource Manager is expected to perform detailed analysis on Project schedules and help drive planning in order to meet contractual milestones, including planning to mitigate risks to schedules. Participates in internal project review processes to provide strategic and broad perspective input to Project plans and execution. Responsible for maintaining responsibility for the portfolio level PM and engineering resources including resource planning, resource assignment, and coordination with the Project Managers and Functional Managers to ensure portfolio projects are properly staffed at all times. Collaborates closely with portfolio Project Managers and Talent Acquisition in identifying and developing strategies for the selection, on and off board timing, and assignment of resources required for portfolio Project teams to meet customer expectations and schedules.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Represents the Portfolio Director in guiding the daily planning operations of the portfolio group
* Responsible for ensuring all projects adhere to the proper Phase planning process
* Capable of diagnosing Project risks and lead planning effort to mitigate the risks
* Ensures all projects have up to date Project Execution Plans
* Maintains a regular line of communication and coordination with the Portfolio Director
* Executes portfolio support activities as assigned by the Portfolio Director
* Collaborates and works closely with portfolio Project Managers to assure portfolio projects are successfully staffed and strategically supported
* Maintains a portfolio matrix tracker that identifies employee profiles and skills inventory, assignment and status
* Assists portfolio PMs, Chief Engineers, and Principal Engineers in design cost estimates, design to cost strategies, cost management and cost assurance strategies
* Assists portfolio PMs, and Functional Managers in strategically identifying and developing the methodology for Phase planning and schedule improvements, implementing and maintaining project schedules. Especially the Project Controls Functional Team.
* Coordinates and closely collaborates in portfolio resource acquisition with Design and Engineering and Project Controls and Resource Managers
* Additional duties as assigned.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, Project Management or related field
* PMP or equivalent desired
* Minimum of 5 years work experience in a technical field
* Demonstrates a high level of planning acumen
* Demonstrated understanding of scheduling software (MS Project or P6)
* Other computer software including typical office suites. (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint)
* Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills
* Candidate will have to perform in an ISO-9000 rated company in a rapidly changing and demanding atmosphere
* Management training is desired
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
*Job Title:* Planning and Resource Manager
*Location:* Orlando, Florida
*Job ID:* 12061
*Full/Part Time:* Full-Time
Oceaneering International, Inc.
Website : http://www.oceaneering.com
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.