Agilent Technologies, Inc.
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek –– so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
The Product Manager, Sample Preparation is a key participant in cross functional collaborations and interactions with other Agilent business units and customers, you’ll develop new products that help drive new sample preparation solutions in applied markets as well as the pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical space.
Are you looking to join marketing team supporting a growing scientific product line? Here is your opportunity to join the rapidly growing marketing team in the Chemistries and Supplies Division (CSD)? This is a great opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment on the Product Marketing team to help drive and grow the business and drive the strategy for sample preparation products and workflows for both HPLC and GC methodologies.
• Bachelors or Advanced Degree with a focus in chemistry, biochemistry or other sciences or engineering fields preferred; may consider a combination of equivalent education and relevant experience.
• 4 years relevant work experience and/ or an equivalent combination of applicable education and work experience
• Ability to travel worldwide as required up to 20-30% of the time
• Exposure to and/or familiarity with product life-cycle processes for product development
The ideal candidate will also have the following:
• Familiarity with product management in the chemical analysis and life sciences specifically with Food, Environmental, Forensics/Toxicology, Clinical, Pharma or other related industries or with sample preparation products and consumables for chromatographic workflows
• Working and communicating in a worldwide, matrixed, cross functional team environment which includes R&D, marketing, manufacturing, and quality teams as well as other business units
• Strong organizational skills demonstrating the ability to deliver to commitments.
• Ability to work collaboratively to develop effective strategies and programs that result in successful new product introductions which meet revenue forecasts.
• Strong written and oral communication skills. Ability to communicate Agilent vision and strategy to internal and external partners. Regular presentations to the business team.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize based on alignment with business goals and strategic drivers.
• Demonstrated analytical & strategic thinking skills used to analyze market trends, conduct market research/intelligence gathering, analyze business performance data allowing for accurate trend assessments and forecasting.
• Conduct competitive analysis to determine product positioning, market segmentation, channel mix, pricing, volume, product service/support strategy and identifies customer needs.
• Ability to develop product definitions and solution plans designed to address customer needs and/or expand market share.
• Evaluate business opportunities to define and optimize the product portfolio through analysis and in-depth understanding of targeted markets, market trends, customer business issues, and the competitive environment.
• Ability to drive collaborations with LCMS and GCMS teams to align sample preparation products with new workflows to enable more efficient customer outcomes
• Present at conferences and travel with field members as required to drive business, customer loyalty and awareness.
Agilent Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We value diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, religion or religious creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, local law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be discriminated against on these bases.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster available here:
Agilent Technologies, Inc., is committed to diversity in the workplace and strives to support candidates with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance with any part of the application or interview process or have questions about workplace accessibility, please contact 1-262-754-5030 (US and Canada only) or email email@example.com. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.
Agilent Technologies, Inc.
Website : http://www.agilent.com/
Agilent is a leader in life sciences, diagnostics and applied chemical markets. The company provides laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise, enabling customers to gain the insights they seek. Agilent’s expertise and trusted collaboration give them the highest confidence in our solutions. Agilent focuses its expertise on six key markets, where we help our customers achieve their goals: