Burlington Coat Factory Direct Corporation
Bring your passion for fashion to today's Burlington Stores, Inc. If you are interested in a career in retail, consider joining one of the largest off price retailers of apparel and home furnishings in the nation. We always have a large selection of quality name brand merchandise at huge savings; coats, clothing and shoes for the whole family, fashionable accessories, home decor, and everything for baby. Burlington means one-stop shopping for labels you love at prices you love even more. With more than 590 stores, we're always looking for good talent that can drive results.
This position is responsible for overall project planning, scheduling, budgeting, resource allocation, project accounting and control, while providing technical direction and ensuring compliance with quality standards. The construction project manager responsibilities span a broad spectrum, covering all areas of project management – project planning, cost management, time management, quality management, contract administration.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
• Oversee the construction projects from start to finish.
• Ensure the optimum utilization of resources, labor, materials and equipment and ensure the procurement at most cost effective terms.
• Develop effective communications and mechanism for resolving conflicts among various participants.
• Perform a key role in budgeting and identification of resources required.
• Ensure construction activities move according to pre-determined schedule.
• Devise the project work plans and make recommendations for change as and when needed.
• Communicate effectively with contractors responsible for completing various phases of the project.
• Coordinate the efforts of all parties involved in the project which include the architects, contractors, laborers, procurement.
• Monitor the progress of the construction activities on a regular basis and hold regular status meetings with contractor.
• Maintain strict adherence to budgetary guidelines, quality and safety standards.
• Conduct weekly /bi-weekly inspection of construction sites.
• Ensure project documents are complete.
• Identify the elements of project design and construction that may give rise to disputes.
• Serve as key resource to the VP construction and review and maintain the project schedule.
• Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
• Communication skills required to articulate the roles and responsibilities of the external and internal team members and the ability to work with and through others for delivery.
• Ability to work within the company financial guidelines
• Proficient with MS Office products and web based applications
• Understanding of compliance and managing risk.
• Conflict resolution and negotiations skills to resolve disagreements quickly and effectively, bringing a problem-solving attitude to conflicting approaches and priorities involving others.
Scope & Impact:
The project manager acts as the backbone of the entire project. It is a position of great responsibility, and requires a complete and thorough knowledge of the construction process and strongest possible focus on quality. This leader is responsible for the smooth organization, implementation and completion of the construction project. The construction project manager is a multi faceted role of the person managing a construction project. The construction project manager has the responsibility to open a store on time and on budget, the same with remodels. The strengths or weaknesses of the construction project manager can have an impact to sales, both positively and negatively.
Education: HS Education or equivalent.
Experience: 7 – 10 years in construction and 5 – 7 years in multi-site retail project management.
Skills and Abilities: Construction knowledge required.
Physical Requirements: Ability to travel 75% of time & ability to walk and stand for long periods of time.
You will enjoy a competitive wage and benefits package, generous paid time off plan, company matched 401(k), an abbreviated summer work schedule from Memorial Day through Labor Day, and a generous associate discount. Burlington’s corporate campus was recently renovated to include a brand new state-of-the-art corporate building complete with a fully-equipped gym, gourmet café, and an open floor plan with ample collaborative work spaces. Burlington associates make a difference in the lives of our customers, colleagues, and the communities where we live and work every day. Burlington Stores, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity
Apply for this job at http://burlington.hodesiq.com.contacthr.com/57594433
View More Burlington Stores, Inc. Jobs
Burlington Coat Factory Direct Corporation
Website : http://www.burlingtoncoatfactory.com
The roots of Burlington Coat Factory Warehouse Corporation go back to 1924 when we started as a wholesaler of ladies coats and junior suits. In 1972, we opened our first outlet store in Burlington, New Jersey. Coats were the primary offering at the original Burlington Coat Factory, but over time the concept has evolved into a one-stop shopping experience. Extensive selections of men's and women's suits, sportswear, shoes, and accessories were developed and then highly successful baby and youth departments were created. Later, a linens department was added.