Quality Engineer II','PSI608','!*!THE COMPANY
Rexnord® is a $2 billion multi-platform diversified global industrial company. Within our platforms, we serve a wide array of growing, global end markets by offering the broadest, most reliable product portfolios and trusted brands in our industries. Within Process & Motion Control, we design, manufacture, market and service specified, highly engineered mechanical components used within complex systems where our customers’ reliability requirements and the cost of failure or downtime are extremely high. Within Water Management, we design, procure, manufacture and market products that provide and enhance water quality, safety, flow control and conservation, in which customers specify our products due to performance, life cycle and project cost, and our service levels. Founded in 1892, Rexnord is headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, U.S.A. and employs approximately 7,400 associates worldwide. For more information about the company visit www.rexnord.com.
THE BUSINESS UNIT
Rexnord Aerospace is a growing and profitable company supplying engineered high performance bearings and mechanical seals to the commercial air transport, regional aircraft, business aircraft, helicopter and military aircraft markets for use in engine systems, flight control systems, airframe structures and landing gear systems. Our aerospace bearing and seal products consist of rolling element airframe bearings and bearing tooling sold under the Shafer® and Tri-Roller® brand names, Teflon lined polymeric bearings sold under the Tuflite® brand name, slotted entry, split ball and split race bearings sold under the PSI® brand name, self-lubricating machinable lined bearings and coatings sold under the Rexlon® brand name and mechanical seals sold under the Cartriseal® brand name. Our global customer base includes all major engine and airframe OEM’s, as well as major Tier 1, 2 and 3 suppliers to the engine and airframe OEM’s and through our FAA approved repair station we support major MRO and aircraft operators with repair and overhaul capabilities.
Support Manufacturing, Manufacturing Engineering and Purchasing Departments in Quality related Issues, drive continuous improvement initiatives throughout the manufacturing and inspection processes both at PSI Bearings and at our suppliers.
Responsible for development, implementation, and analysis of technical products, processes, and systems. May develop a range of processes and recommendations, and alterations to improve quality of products and/or processes. Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering and a minimum of 2 years of experience in Quality or in a related area. Typically associates will have at least 3 years of relevant experience. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the Quality field. Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Under supervision, performs work that is varied and that may be somewhat difficult in character, but usually involves limited responsibility. Some evaluation, originality or ingenuity is required. Performs a variety of tasks. Works under general supervision.
• AS9100 Rev D and ISO 10012 (ANSI/NCSL Z540.3) – Understanding and ability to apply specified requirements in a cost-effective approach.• Ability to collect, compile and analyze data (using the appropriate six sigma methods and techniques); to determine both the actual root causes of identified problems and required corrective (preventive) actions to prevent recurrence.• Able to participate in projects that affect PPM (scrap) reduction and OTD improvements both internally and at our suppliers (machining and special processing).• Knowledge of dimensional inspection measurement systems and their application for the inspection of complex products – general understanding of ASME Y14.5 (GD&T).','!*!DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE, CAPABILITIES AND SUCCESS FACTORS
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Industrial, Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering.
• Minimum 2 years of Quality Engineering experience or equivalent in an aerospace manufacturing (machine shop) environment.
• Working knowledge of Six Sigma with the ability to effectively apply recognized methods and techniques in a manufacturing environment (Green Belt or higher).
• Ability to promote and foster a Continuous Improvement culture both internally and with our supplier’s (machining and special processing).
• Strong data analysis is needed for identifying key projects for reduction of nonconforming material.
• Performing internal, supplier and customer corrective actions.
• Effective communicator – strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Good understanding of DMAIC, FMEA, PPAP, Statistical Process Control (SPC), Gage R&R Studies and lean systems.
• Effectively apply appropriate problem-solving and continuous improvement techniques.
• Ability to determine the appropriate dispositions for nonconforming product; function as quality representative at both Preliminary Review (PR) and MRB levels.
• Internal quality audits – participate in both Internal Quality Management System (QMS) audits and customer audits (product and system).
• General understanding of metallurgy; ability to understand the physical and mechanical properties of metals as affected by composition, mechanical working and heat treatments.
• General understanding of subcontracted special processes (NDT, heat treating, shot peening, plating and surface treatments).
• Understanding of First Article Inspections (AS9102) for review and approval.
• Ability in navigating in customer portals.
• Ability to communicate with customer and suppliers to resolve processes gap.
• Knowledge on how to operate Word, excel, power point and Minitab.
• Competitive base salary
• Excellent benefit plan
• Matching 401(k) contribution (50% match up to 8%)
• Medical Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Short-Term Disability Insurance
• Long-Term Disability Insurance
• Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent Care)
• Educational Reimbursement
• Matching Gift Program
PAID TIME OFF
• 10 Vacation days per year
• 3 Paid Sick Days
• Enjoy 12 Company Holidays per year
Rexnord associates must be in good standing for consideration for job openings. This includes satisfactory or above ratings in job performance and no corrective actions, PIP’s, disciplinary issues or warnings in the last 12 months.
Equal Opportunity Employer –
Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Minority/Veteran/Disabled
','Supply Chain','United States-California-Simi Valley','','PSI','Full-time','1st','1st','Sep 6, 2017','','false','Quality Engineer II
Website : http://www.rexnord.com
Rexnord is a leading worldwide industrial company comprised of two strategic platforms: Process & Motion Control and Water Management. Within our platforms, we serve a diverse array of growing, global end markets with the broadest, most reliable product portfolios and trusted brands in our industries, backed by thousands of associates that share a common goal: providing superior customer satisfaction.