Briggs & Stratton
Position Summary: Support of the following engineering functions: mechanical, manufacturing, and electrical. Exposure to and project participation in many functional areas. Expand and enhance basic knowledge in conjunction with academic subjects of study. Interact with supervisors, project leaders, engineers, technicians, and those with skilled trades on a daily basis.
1. Mechanical Engineering - Support mechanical engineering staffs by performing basic and repetitive engineering assignments in the design, development, and production of high-volume engines and end-products. Participate in a variety of rotational assignments in functional areas; i.e., product test, design and development, machine shop, component and technology research, application engineering, materials, and manufacturing. Assignments draw upon knowledge of thermo-dynamics, heat transfer, fluid dynamics, strength of materials, material science, machine elements, and manufacturing.
2. Electrical Engineering - Support electrical engineering staffs by performing basic and repetitive engineering assignments in the design of product and in support of product development toward production of high-volume engine- and end-product. Participate in a variety of rotational assignments in functional areas; i.e., testing, applications, manufacturing (automation and PLC programming), electrical design, electro-mechanical devices, instrumentation (data acquisition and dyno control), and microprocessors. Assignments will draw upon knowledge of electronics, hardware and software, wiring, circuit board design, programming (Visual Basic, C ), embedded systems training, testing and recording of data.
3. Manufacturing Engineering - Support manufacturing engineering staffs by performing basic and repetitive engineering assignments using standard procedures in implementing production/processing methods and controls to meet quality standards in the most cost efficient manner. Participate in a variety of assignments in functional areas; i.e., tooling, diecast, stamping, quality, assembly, manufacturing development, and coatings. Assignments will draw upon knowledge of thermo-dynamics, heat transfer, fluid dynamics, strength of materials, material science, machine elements, and manufacturing. Observe and learn manufacturing and engineering methods to permit manufacture by the most favorable methods (DFM).
Engineering: · Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested or required · Perform specific and limited portions of less complex assignments for higher-level engineers
Job Skills Requirements:
1. Mechanical Engineering - Students should be mechanically inclined and have an interest in internal combustion engines or other Briggs & Stratton products and equipment
2. Electrical Engineering - Students should have an aptitude for electrical components and devices
3. Manufacturing engineering - Students should be mechanically inclined and have an interest in machinery, manufacturing, and equipment
· Must be enrolled as a full-time student in an accredited college or university studying toward a Bachelors of Science in Engineering
· Must complete the sophomore year in the major program of study prior to beginning the co-op
· Must have and maintain a minimum G.P.A. of 2.5/4.0
· This is an entry-level position therefore previous engineering experience is not required
· Industrial, engineering, and/or hands-on work experience is helpful
Briggs & Stratton Corporation, headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, is the world’s largest producer of gasoline engines for outdoor power equipment. Its wholly owned subsidiaries include North America’s number one marketer of pressure washers, and it is a leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of power generation, lawn and garden, turf care and job site products through its Briggs & Stratton
, Snapper Pro
, Allmand™, Billy Goat
brands. Briggs & Stratton products are designed, manufactured, marketed and serviced in over 100 countries on six continents.
Briggs & Stratton Corporation is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. The Company conducts all employment practices without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law. Briggs & Stratton also undertakes affirmative action to assure equal employment opportunity for minorities and women, for persons with disabilities, and for protected veterans.
Briggs & Stratton
Website : http://www.briggsandstratton.com
Our History Although today we are known for our reliable engines and outdoor power equipment, we have a rich history. For over 101-years, Briggs & Stratton has cultivated a legacy of innovation that will last for years to come. Products as diverse as electric refrigerators, battery eliminators, and coin-operated paper towel dispensing machines mark the Company’s dedication to finding ways to add value to the business.