Maintain effective quality systems and provide administrative quality support to the Quality Department and the Plant to achieve optimal safety, quality, productivity and delivery to assure internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Support the enterprise''s mission, vision, values and goals in the performance of daily activities.
- Responsible for managing the overall quality-auditing program (TS 16949/IATF16949).
- Responsible for updating procedures and driving process implementation.
- Responsible for maintaining supplier quality rating system (SRIS)
- Responsible for maintaining/issuing SRIS complaints
- Coordinate and manage supplier quality issues (SCARS)
- Maintain monthly quality reports
- Prepare PPAP books
- Data entry of SPC and maintain monthly Corporate quality reports on non conforming parts (Cpk reports) using approved software (currently Datalyzer Software)
- Maintain Quality Records, to included but not limited to Quality Alerts, PPM reporting and Cost of Quality reporting
- Daily review of customer internet reports/ratings and initiate reply process if applicable
- Daily entry of Scrap and maintain/distribution of scrap reports (and other associated reports)
- Generates inspection record forms and revises if necessary.
- Reviews APQP documents prior to submission.
- Provide administrative support for the quality team.
- Participate in team problem solving activities and process improvement activities (ex. 8 D Reporting, Kaizen, etc.).
- Support plant activities towards achieving customer awards and quality registrations (ex. TS 16949/IATF16949, Gold Pentastar etc.)
- Assist with plant activities to achieve quality, productivity and cost reduction goals.
- Responsible for reporting all accidents, however minor, and all workplace hazards to the supervisor immediately.
- Maintain high standards of housekeeping in work area.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all levels of the organization.
- Adherence to all company policies and procedures (ex. Quality Policy Manual, Colleague Handbook, Level II Procedures, etc.)
Reports directly to the Quality Manager. Interfaces on a frequent basis with Operations, Tool & Die, Materials, and Engineering. Interfaces on an as needed basis with IT, Finance and HR.
- Provides leadership to Quality Techs.
- Ability to identify, select, train and coach quality talent.
- Provides model behavior to demonstrate corporate values.
- Associates degree preferred
- Minimum two years experience in manufacturing
- Knowledge of standard quality practices, ex. FMEA''s, SPC, DOE, etc.
- Solid working knowledge of PPAP processes.
- Ability to work in fast pace team environment.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and communication skills.
- Root cause problem solving ability.
- Familiar with lean manufacturing concepts.
- Good working skills with Microsoft Office software
- Computer literate with customer required software (ex. Powerway, Covisint, IMDS) and SPC software literate.
- Ability to read and write in English and perform mathematical calculations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS, WORK ENVIRONMENT AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Duties include but are not limited to: stand, walk, twist, bend, lift, see, talk, and hear. May be required to travel. Frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, vibration and hazardous materials.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by colleagues assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, qualifications, or working conditions.
Greenville, South Carolina, United States
Website : http://www.towerinternational.com
Tower International is a leading integrated global manufacturer of engineered structural metal components and assemblies. The company supplies the automotive industry with body-structure stampings, frames and other chassis structures, as well as complex welded assemblies for small and large cars, crossovers, pickups and SUVs. We are well diversified geographically, which positions us to participate in growth opportunities as they occur over time around the world and mitigates the impact of regional production fluctuations on our business.