American International Group, Inc.
Apply with LinkedIn
AIG is seeking a Regional Catastrophe Risk Manager to perform and manage business analyses involving catastrophe and risk management using industry accepted catastrophe models. In addition to the following they will serve as the main point of contact for Underwriters in major hubs:
• Manage capital market transactions by coordinating the work of internal teams (Cat Analytics, Reinsurance Legal, ERM, Finance) and external teams (Bank/Underwriter, Modelers, External Counsel and other 3rd parties).
• Work closely with CAT engineers and CAT modelers to incorporate engineering analysis into the assessment pricing of CAT risk.
• Work closely with pricing actuaries and Finance to develop and maintain CAT P&L by tracking actual CAT premium and components of the technical CAT premium by account.
• Develop, maintain and distribute management reports on CAT exposure/risk, profitability, CAT events, industry losses, benchmarking etc.
• Support Underwriting teams and Catastrophe Underwriting Officer in coordinating work between underwriter, CAT analytics and engineering teams to gather exposures data, model the risk and develop technical cost on individual accounts.
• Minimum 7 years of CAT Analytics experience at an insurance carrier, broker or reinsurer
• In-depth familiarity with at least two major commercial catastrophe models, and knowledge of recent changes to the these models
• Knowledge of commercial insurance and reinsurance
• Experience in commercial property, energy, or engineered risk modeling/management
• Bachelors degree in science, engineering, mathematics, finance or related field
• Advanced degree or modeling/insurance designations will be a plus
• Strong analytical problem solving ability
• At least 3 years of team management experience
American International Group, Inc.
Website : http://www.aig.com
American International Group, Inc. provides insurance products and services for the commercial, institutional, and individual customers in the United States and internationally. The company operates in two segments: AIG Property Casualty, and AIG Life and Retirement. The AIG Property Casualty segment offers casualty insurance products that cover general liability, commercial automobile liability, workers' compensation, excess casualty, and crisis management insurance; industrial energy-related and commercial property insurance products, which cover exposures to man-made and natural disasters; aerospace, environmental, political risk, trade credit, surety and marine insurance products for small and medium sized enterprises; and various forms of professional liability insurance products. It also provides personal accidental and supplemental health products for individuals, employees, associations, and other organizations; and life products, as well as a range of travel insurance products and services for leisure and business travelers. This segment distributes its insurance products and services through brokers, agents, and direct marketing and partner organizations, as well as the Internet. The AIG Life and Retirement segment offers a suite of products and services to individuals and groups, including term life insurance, universal life insurance, accident and health insurance, fixed and variable group annuities, administrative and compliance services, mutual funds, and financial planning. This segment distributes its products through banks, broker-dealers, financial advisors, independent marketing organizations, insurance agents, structured settlement brokers, benefit consultants, and direct-to-consumer platforms. The company also provides private residential mortgage guaranty insurance and direct investment book services; and derivatives intermediary services. American International Group, Inc. was founded in 1919 and is based in New York, New York.