Western Refining, Inc.
Retail Store Relief Manager
General Job Summary
Assists the store manager in operating a profitable, clean, well-merchandised convenience store, with the primary purpose being to manage the store operations and staff in the absence of the manager. Trains and supervises employees to provide high quality customer service. Supports the manager and staff to reach the store's goals. Represents Western Refining in a professional manner in all dealings with employees, vendors and customers.
Core Employee Responsibilities
* Look for opportunities to help co-workers in your department and all individuals in other departments or divisions throughout the company. Offer your services or assistance to make their job easier and to increase their effectiveness and job satisfaction.
* Always be willing to make a genuine effort to help with any task, job function, or project that you are requested to assist with.
* Do everything that you can to make all new Western Refining personnel feel welcome, comfortable, and accepted as a contributing member of our successful team.
* Always display a positive customer service attitude, far beyond what would be expected, to all co-workers in all departments or divisions of the Company, and to all outside customers, vendors, suppliers, shareholders, and investors.
* Look for opportunities to contribute to the Company's success in every way possible. Protect company assets, use supplies wisely, take pride in your job and all company facilities, and bring to the attention of your supervisor all situations, at any level, that do not meet the Company's standards, policies, and procedures or are inconsistent with the Company's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
Major Job Tasks
* Manages alternating shifts with the Store Manager, assumes total responsibility and is on call when Store Manager not present. Ensures all customers receive the highest level of customer service including greeting, suggestive selling, thanks and return, always maintaining the highest degree of professionalism. Ensures all policies and procedures are followed, including alcohol and tobacco sale regulations, to ensure regulatory compliance. Practices preventative safety procedures to maintain an accident free workplace. Responds appropriately to emergency situations and reports all accidents.
* Interviews and makes recommendations to hire. Assists in training Sales Associates in all facets of store operations. Conducts performance evaluations, reporting progress and problems to the store manager. Ensures shifts are fully staffed, filling in for absent employees when necessary.
* Accurately completes Daily Sales Report in a timely manner. Processes invoices daily, and processes payroll accurately utilizing PDI system. Tracks sales, monitors markdown sheets and transfers to control store accountability. Completes all required logs and paperwork. Makes bank deposits daily and/or as required. Follows all cash handling procedures involving cash, credit cards, checks, lottery, and drops. Makes bank deposits daily and/or as required. Properly and accurately accounts for all sales transactions. Accurately operates cash register, monitor gas console, and all other equipment in the store.
* Increases sales by training employees to comply with suggestive selling program. Displays sales merchandise to promote customer awareness and generate additional sales.
* Assists with ordering, pricing, and receiving merchandise. Ensures accurate documentation of all price changes, markdowns, and transfers to control inventory.
* Keeps store clean, stocked and in first class condition at all times. Maintains high cleaning standards including parking lot, restrooms, stockroom, and equipment. Cleans all spills to remove safety hazards.
* Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Thorough knowledge of retail operations.
* Knowledge of retail practices and procedures, including personnel policies.
* Mathematical skill to add, subtract, multiply, or divide numbers for balancing or compiling figures.
* Computer skill to look up, retrieve, or send data and print standard reports or spreadsheets developed by others.
* Skill in operating various machines typical in the retail setting, such as cash register, credit card machine, and gas pump console.
* Must have a valid drivers license as well as vehicles current registration and insurance.
* Written communication skill to compose written performance feedback, memos, and reports.
* Oral communication skill to give, receive, or exchange information with co-workers, customers, and vendors in a courteous and professional manner.
* Interpersonal communication skill to work effectively with others in order to coordinate activities and arrive at mutual decisions.
10. Ability to read and understand documents, such as procedure manuals, reports, and correspondence.
11. Ability to follow general oral or written instructions, standard procedures, and operating guidelines.
12. Ability to provide support to other employees by being directly responsible for finding out what information, services, or support other employees need to do their job.
13. Ability to follow store policies and procedures during emergency situations.
14. Ability to plan and schedule activities over the course of a month, including regular review and coordination of activities required for implementation.
15. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
16. Ability to work effectively with limited supervisory guidance. General internal policies, guidelines, and procedures are utilized.
17. Ability to make daily bank deposits.
Leads the work of others within the work unit by training, allocating, and monitoring work. Generally performs work of a similar nature.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 1-2 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Seeing: Must be able to see to clean store, stock product, use cash register, gas pump console, and deli equipment. Must be able to read reports and use computer.
* Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with co-workers, customers, and vendors.
* Talking: Must be able to express and exchange ideas by means of spoken words.
* Sitting: Must be able to sit for limited periods of time.
* Standing/Walking/Mobility: Major job tasks require the ability to stand for entire work shift. Must maintain mobility to stock product and perform cleaning duties inside and outside of store.
* Bending/Reaching/Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling: Must be able to bend, reach, or stoop to stock product and perform cleaning duties inside and outside of store.
* Lifting/Pulling/Pushing: Heavy physical effort up to 50 pounds.
* Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: Major job tasks require constant application of manual skills involving motor coordination and finger dexterity.
* Work is typically performed in a retail store setting or outside on store grounds.
* Light exposure to fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals.
* Moderate exposure to moving mechanical parts and extreme heat and cold.
* Moderate to exposure to outdoor weather conditions including wind, rain, and extreme heat.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Reference #:
Western Refining, Inc.
Website : http://www.wnr.com
We’re an independent oil refiner and marketer, headquartered in El Paso, Texas, while operating mostly in the southwestern and western United States. Western Refining (WNR) has been publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange since January, 2006