Project management position, working with area real estate managers within a general geographical area to optimize PLACE and to align goals with the corporate strategies. Optimizing PLACE is defined as enhancing customer experience, convenience, and relevance by optimizing the marketplace through new site development and the existing real estate portfolio, and maximizing system profits, regional income and return on investment. Is accountable within a general geographical area for all construction related activities. Key Customers include the restaurant customers, Regional Leadership, Development Team, O/Os, McOpCo and Regional Staff.
This position requires considerable travel of 50-60% as this is a large geographical area.*
* The ideal candidate can either reside in the Columbus or Cleveland, Ohio area**
McDonald’s Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.
• High School Diploma or 5 plus years related experience required/Bachelor's degree in Construction Manager, Architecture or Civil Engineering preferred,
• 3-5 years’ experience.
• Strong Microsoft Office skills
• Works with Area Real Estate Managers to prioritize development opportunities to ensure best use of capital (e.g., timing, funding and returns) within the region. (e.g., design possibilities, project budget estimates)
• Helps to create, manage, and execute the development plan to meet portfolio returns and goals of the Development team.
• Ensures quality control standards for construction (e.g., cost, timing, site building design layout, specifications)
• Works with US Restaurant Design Group to ensure consistency and applies Gold Site Development Standards to optimize the site development processes (e.g., site layout, zoning, signage, building capacity)
• Monitors and controls the construction process by coordinating the efforts of others (e.g., contractors, attorneys, architectural and engineering consultants, government agencies).
• Negotiates terms and conditions of construction agreements (e.g., price, timing).
• Provides construction and design recommendations for specific elements of reinvestment plans (e.g., exterior enhancements, drive-thru enhancement, capacity, brand standards)
• Reinforces and supports the reinvestment standards to Franchise Operators throughout the reinvestment process which sometimes includes coordination and management of entire construction process (plans, bids, permits, construction, and project close-out)
• Supports the Property Manager, Asset Manager and Area Real Estate Manager in ensuring resolution of construction related property issues (e.g., common area maintenance, condemnations, excess property, easements)
• Ensures resolution of physical plant and infrastructure issues.
• Provides effective consulting and maintains effective working relationships with regional leadership, Franchise Operators, other McDonald departments, alliance partners and other outside organizations
Area Construction Manager - Columbus, OH
Website : http://www.mcdonalds.com
McDonald's is the leading global foodservice retailer with more than 35,000 local restaurants serving nearly 70 million people in more than 100 countries each day. But that is just one part of the whole story. Learn more about our Executives, search our Frequently Asked Questions, and get a taste of McDonald’s History.We’re determined to continuously improve our social and environmental performance. McDonald's brand mission is to be our customers' favorite place and way to eat and drink. Our worldwide operations are aligned around a global strategy called the Plan to Win, which center on an exceptional customer experience – People, Products, Place, Price and Promotion. We are committed to continuously improving our operations and enhancing our customers' experience.