Albertsons-Safeway Company is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300 stores. The Albertsons-Safeway family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The Information Technology Department has an opening for a Senior Application Support Engineer. This position is located in Pleasanton, California.
This role requires the candidate to perform troubleshooting, incident resolution, and proactive issue prevention for key Loyalty and eCommerce application systems. As a member of the 3rd level support team, the candidate needs to be able to support and maintain applications written in both Java and .Net as needed to support the business.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Troubleshoot production issues and restore service by resolving customer-facing incidents for a variety of Java and .Net business applications
• Troubleshoot and implement corrections to problems associated with connectivity between servers and applications.
• Provide technical leadership in the diagnosis of issues as they arise in support of several critical applications within the company's eCommerce solution
• Drive collaboration sessions among IT and business groups to facilitate optimal support and operation of the relevant applications
• Contribute to the design, implementation and enhancement of several Java and .Net systems used by the Loyalty and eCommerce departments
• Perform proactive analysis and troubleshooting to predict and prevent production incidents
• Define and contribute to monitoring capabilities for production applications used by the Loyalty and eCommerce departments
• Collaborate with key vendors on functional, performance and capacity improvements
• Design and build tools to automate support and monitoring functions
• Provide 3rd level support for a customer-facing suite of Loyalty and eCommerce solutions that require 24x7 availability, including after-hours and on-call activities
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
• Passionate about maintaining quality solutions and providing superior customer service
• Innovative thinker with a passion to solve challenging problems.
• Results oriented person with an ability to work well in a team or as an individual contributor
• Strong troubleshooting skills with an ability to quickly diagnose complex production issues
• Strong experience programming in Java is preferred
• Strong experience with UNIX Shell scripting is preferred
• Some experience with Windows Power Shell or batch programming is preferred.
• Some experience programming in C# or other .Net language is preferred
• Some understanding of the digital coupon industry is preferred
• Strong knowledge of web and application server capabilities and configuration is required (particularly IIS and WebSphere)
• Some experience in database management and development is required
• Some experience writing SQL against MS SQL Server and Oracle databases is preferred
• Some experience and knowledge of a UNIX Operating System is required
• Some experience and knowledge of the Windows Operating System is required
• Basic understanding of TCPIP and HTTP protocols is required
• Some experience with creating or managing applications in a Cloud architecture is preferred
• Basic understanding of common security schemes and protocols preferred (SSL, TLS, etc.)
• Some experience and knowledge of DataStage is preferred
• Some experience and knowledge of DataPower is preferred
• Good understanding of deployment and version control technologies and methodologies
• Good understanding of the Agile development methodology is preferred
• Good understanding of testing activities and methodologies
• Good understanding of configuration management
• Good understanding of integration solutions such as MQ messaging and Message Broker, web services, and ETL
• Good understanding of infrastructure deployment architectures (DMZ, load balancers, firewalls, IPS, etc.…)
• Proven skills communicating across various levels of an organization
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
How to Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting careersatsafeway.com
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons-Safeway. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons-Safeway policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace - all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Log In to Apply
Email A Friend
Log In to Apply
Website : http://www.safeway.com
In 1915, M.B. Skaggs, an ambitious young man in the small Idaho town of American Falls, purchased a tiny grocery store from his father. M.B.'s business strategy, to give his customers value and to expand by keeping a narrow profit margin, proved spectacularly successful. By 1926 he was opening 428 Skaggs stores in 10 states. M.B. almost doubled the size of his business that year when he merged his company with 322 Safeway (formerly Selig) stores and incorporated as Safeway, Inc. Two years later M.B. listed Safeway on the New York Stock Exchange. M.B. did not let the difficulties of the Great Depression dilute his pioneering focus on value for customers. In the 1930s Safeway introduced produce pricing by the pound, adding “sell by” dates on perishables to assure freshness, nutritional labeling, even some of the first parking lots.