Senior Global Service Delivery Manager
Microsoft BPO Operations is responsible for the contracting, performance management, and continuous improvement execution activities for all outsourced global service providers supporting a wide range of business units within Microsoft Business Operations. Our Mission is to be trusted advisors who anticipate and operationally execute on BPO agreements and opportunities delivering value to both Microsoft and our Customers.
If you love the pursuit of excellence and are inspired by the challenges that come through driving innovations that impact how the world lives, works and plays, then we invite you to learn more about Microsoft Operations - and the value we deliver across Microsoft and to our customers and partners. We offer unique opportunities to work on interesting global projects in an environment that appreciates diversity, focuses on talent development and recognizes and rewards great work.
We make doing business with Microsoft easy.
The Global Service Delivery Manager will be accountable for end-to-end delivery of all in-scope Business Process Outsource (BPO) services and processes within one of our Microsoft Business Operations programs, as well as overall vendor performance of BPO services allocated to this role.
He/she will have full responsibility for deploying and managing the day-to-day operations at the outsource service provider.
He/she will be accountable for the successful implementation of all initiatives, programs and changes.
This includes responsibility for ensuring customer satisfaction is not compromised and that cost/benefit impacts are carefully evaluated.
The role is in Reno, NV and will work directly with many vendor operations located in Reno, Dublin, Singapore as well as in a range of offshore locations in Asia and Europe that deliver a range of BPO services as part of our Global network of operational delivery centers.
A successful candidate should be comfortable working within a highly matrix-driven multinational organization, exhibit solid organizational, communication, and negotiation skills, and have a strong customer focus.
• Manage the Vendor’s operational performance - monitor performance against Service Level Agreements and work with the vendor to address any performance issues
• Manage the day to day relationship between Microsoft and our outsourced vendors for specified lines of business
• Liaise with Global Service Delivery and Vendor Account Management teams on relevant planning or vendor contract management topics
• Planning and management of local month end / quarter end processes to ensure all key business processes are executed excellently as part of the Global operational plan
• Ensure outsourced Vendor processes meet global controls and compliance requirements
• Provide guidance, feedback, and leadership to drive the Vendor to achieve continuous improvement on all operational, quality, and satisfaction metrics
• Agree and monitor appropriate corrective action plans and deal with any local escalations
• Change Management - oversee vendor readiness to support new program launches, changes to business rules, processes and tools.
• Ensure SOPs are in place and executed consistent with global processes and best practices
• Project manage implementation of new processes to production stage at vendors
• Assist in arranging and conducting local vendor compliance audits to ensure vendor is meeting MSOW requirements
Essential qualities include:
• Strong communication and influencing skills - person needs to be able to manage BPO delivery and expectations
• Strong business knowledge and ability to set clear expectations for Vendor based around business outcomes within a global multi-site operation
• Proven experience of influencing other organizations where their support is critical to success
• Ability to work across groups managing individuals both directly and indirectly to achieve a common goal
• A good understanding of change management, the importance of it, approaches, key tasks and timelines
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced multinational environment working across multiple lines of business
• Very strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills
• Bachelor’s degree
• Business Process Outsource or Call Center Management experience
• 7 years minimum accumulated outsourcing management experience in an offshore environment supporting a global delivery business - must have both contract management and service delivery related experience
•Strong project/ program management skills
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Able to work across cultures effectively, valuing diversity within virtual team. Working knowledge of international business practices.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Visio, Project) products
• MBA is a plus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Supply chain & operations management
Microsoft Corporation Jobs
Microsoft Corporation develops, licenses, and supports software, services, and hardware devices. Its Windows division offers Windows operating system; Windows Services suite of applications and Web services, including Outlook.com and SkyDrive; Surface RT and Pro devices; and PC accessories. The companys Server and Tools division provides server software, cloud-based services, and solutions; and training and certification to developers and information technology professionals, as well as builds standalone and software development lifecycle tools for software architects, developers, testers, and project managers. Its products include Windows Server operating systems, Windows Azure, Microsoft SQL Server, Windows Intune, Windows Embedded, Visual Studio, System Center products, Microsoft consulting services, and Premier product support services. The companys Online Services division offers online information and content, including Bing, Bing Ads, and MSN. Its Microsoft Business division provides software and online services, such as Microsoft Office system consisting of Microsoft Office, SharePoint, Exchange, Lync, Yammer, and Microsoft Office project and office Visio; and Microsoft Dynamics business solutions, including Microsoft Dynamics ERP and Dynamics CRM, as well as Microsoft Office Web Apps and Microsoft Office 365, which are online service offerings. The companys Entertainment and Devices division offers products and services designed to entertain and connect people. Its products include Xbox entertainment platform, including Xbox 360 gaming and entertainment console, Kinect for Xbox 360, Xbox 360 video games, and Xbox 360 accessories; Xbox LIVE; Skype; and Windows Phone. The company markets and distributes its products through original equipment manufacturers, distributors, and resellers, as well as online. It has a strategic partnership with DocuSign, Inc. and Ooyala. Microsoft Corporation was founded in 1975 and is headquartered in Redmond, Washington.