Agilent Technologies, Inc.
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek –– so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
Agilent's Genomics marketing group are searching for a Senior global product manager to join the exciting NGS (Next Generation Sequencing) technologies marketing team. The team help bring differentiated, cutting edge NGS products and workflow into clinical genomics and molecular diagnostics. The product manager will help manage NGS panel development and commercialization on Agilent’s industry-leading SureSelect target enrichment platform, both for cancer and human genetics applications.
The primary job responsibilities include:
• Lead product development life cycle as marketing lead, building business case, collecting VOC, writing product requirements, developing go-to-market plans, and launching products
• Conduct market and competitive analysis to define trends and strategically evaluate new market opportunities and work with others in the marketing team to identify products that can enhance customer workflows.
• Define pricing strategy, product messaging, positioning and configuration to ensure the best possible performance versus business goals for current and future products using market research and feedback from customers
• Collaborate with customers and key opinion leaders to generate proof of concept data and penetrate key application areas.
• Work closely with regional field marketing and sales team as product champion, conducting regional training, visiting key accounts, presenting at trade shows, and developing initiatives to grow business
• Help develop short and long term road map for our Next Generation Sequencing product portfolio.
• Work with global program managers to develop programs and customer-focused collateral for the products.
• Partner with cross-functional leaders from other Agilent groups including marketing from other business units, engineering, application development, manufacturing, and sales to achieve business objectives.
• Bachelors, Masters or Higher Degree in biology, molecular biology, molecular genetics, or a related discipline or a combination of education and experience
• 5 years relevant experience, with typically 7 years practical experience in the life science, clinical research or diagnostics field.
• High energy and self-motivated, with strong desire to make an impact
• Experience with Product Management/Marketing of clinical genomics, with specific experience in NGS preferred but not required.
• Must exhibit strategic thinking, teamwork, creativity, planning and execution skills backed by strong analytical and decision making.
• Strong organizational skills, with demonstrated ability to set priorities based on alignment with business goals and strategic direction, define timelines and deliver to commitments.
• Demonstrated use of marketing skills and market knowledge to define and commercialize products that result in business success.
• Proven ability to work collaboratively with sales and marketing professionals across the organization to develop effective market strategies and programs which meet revenue forecasts and growth targets.
• Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills. Ability to convey Agilent’s product solution vision and market strategy to internal and external partners.
• Must have flexibility in working hours and available for 25% domestic & international business travel.
Agilent Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We value diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, religion or religious creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, local law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be discriminated against on these bases.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster available here:
Agilent Technologies, Inc., is committed to diversity in the workplace and strives to support candidates with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance with any part of the application or interview process or have questions about workplace accessibility, please contact 1-262-754-5030 (US and Canada only) or email email@example.com. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Agilent Technologies, Inc.
Website : http://www.agilent.com/
Agilent is a leader in life sciences, diagnostics and applied chemical markets. The company provides laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise, enabling customers to gain the insights they seek. Agilent’s expertise and trusted collaboration give them the highest confidence in our solutions. Agilent focuses its expertise on six key markets, where we help our customers achieve their goals: