Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it's about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Innovation is oxygen for Nike, and the company depends on its talented, global workforce to breathe originality and curiosity into everything they do. The Nike Advanced Innovation team strives for lighter, faster, bigger, smarter, smaller, more efficient, more sustainable and more personal. They imagine, research, analyze and invent the next industry-changing technology to advance athletic performance. In roles that span research, design, materials and manufacturing, the Advanced Innovation team looks to the future and focuses on making the seemingly impossible, possible.
As an NSRL Senior Researcher in our world-class sports research laboratory, you will work with a multidisciplinary team of scientists, practitioners and innovators as part of our Sport Performance Insights team. You will be tasked to create and manage a portfolio of applied elite athlete performance research programs and projects that provide the foundation for future product and service innovation. You will also provide real performance benefits to our athletes and insure we generate vested and educated athletes. You will be challenged to think outside normal research paradigms to find creative ways for enhancing performance or preventing injury. You will seek better ways to perform scientific research and develop new and creative data collection protocols and tools. Results of your work will provide a competitive advantage for NIKE in the marketplace.
As a successful candidate, you will demonstrate at an expert level:
- Skills and abilities in conducting research and applying scientific insights specifically related to sport biomechanics, performance, and injury
- Knowledge of the scientific method, including but not limited to: observation, formulation of testable hypotheses, experimental design, statistical methods and analysis & interpretation of results
- Ability to apply scientific insights to both athletes and new, innovative products and services
- Must be able to work peer to peer with all other Senior Researchers in the lab
- Ability to use and troubleshoot all existing tools commonly used for biomechanics or field analyses
- Ability to develop new tools and/or methods to answering scientific inquiry
- Demonstrated ability to work with elite level professional athletes and staff
- Ability to mentor a research team
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated understanding of injury mechanisms and sports performance
- Ability to communicate scientific and performance data to a wider, non- technical audience
- Ph.D. in human movement science (biomechanics, kinesiology), engineering, biomedical engineering, or related field with three years of relevant work experience or Master's degree with seven years work
experience in a similar field.
- Proven track record creating a robust research vision and agenda, and leading a team towards a common goal
- Experience in a biomechanics laboratory, with commonly used
biomechanical tools (three-dimensional motion analysis; force plates, pressure sensors, accelerometers, EMG, etc) and analytical methods (kinematics/kinetic analysis, 3D rigid body motion, signal processing, modeling, etc)
- Experience of working with elite level athletes to gather data in the field
- Experience presenting in front of scientific and non-technical audiences.
Experience with presenting to media a plus.
- Experience with software programming preferred
- Experience in applying scientific insight to tangible product solutions a plus
- Experience with clinical biomechanics or athletic training or related clinical field a plus
- Up to 5% travel
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Website : http://www.nike.com
NIKE, Inc. is the world’s leading innovator in athletic footwear, apparel, equipment and accessories. NIKE, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, engages in the design, development, marketing, and sale of athletic footwear, apparel, equipment, and accessories, as well as in the provision of services to men, women, and kids worldwide. The company offers products in seven categories, including running, basketball, football, mens training, womens training, NIKE sportswear, and action sports Under the NIKE and Jordan brand names. It also markets products designed for kids, as well as for other athletic and recreational uses, such as baseball, cricket, golf, lacrosse, outdoor activities, football, tennis, volleyball, walking, and wrestling. The company was founded in 1964 and is headquartered in Beaverton, Oregon.