Small Business Banker - Manhattan East Area - SAFE Act','17064915','!*!Position Summary:
The Small Business Banker (SBB) is responsible for proactively sourcing, acquiring, expanding and retaining customer relationships by maximizing sales opportunities in an assigned territory. Ensure a world-class customer experience for all current and prospective customers.
• Achieve desired revenue, sales production, business scorecard and service scores.
• Develop and execute an integrated and comprehensive territory (2-5 branches) sales plan to achieve desired results. Emphasize acquisition of new to bank clients. Target industries to maximize high probability and high potential.
• Activate and energize territory partners to execute sales plan.
• Develop a Center of Influence (COI) network by engaging in business networking and community activities. SBB will actively represent Citibank in business community, generate business leads and close business opportunities. Through extensive involvement, create local community awareness that the bank is critically focused on partnering in the community and providing multi-product banking solutions to the small business community. Maintain frequent interaction with COIs, diverse industry segments, community leaders and senior business contacts.
• Proactively manage portfolio of assigned high value clients. Expand business banking customer relationships by identifying needs and maximizing opportunities. Ensure customer satisfaction and retention. Cross-sell and refer to other business segments.
• Source and provide credit solutions for prospects and clients. The SBB develops credit structure and full credit packages including the deal summary memo for total credit exposure greater than $250K. Credit certified in small business banking. Follow up on credit referrals >$250M from Branch Managers and Business Bankers. Work with Branch staff and customer on preparing proper credit structure and credit package.
• Deliver client satisfaction and relationship profitability. Be primary point of contact.
• Effectively leverage, coordinate and organize targeted marketing campaigns, events and new product launches to drive sales activities and fulfill customer needs across territory.
• Develop small business skills of assigned territory team, primarily Branch Managers, through execution of joint sales activities and ongoing training. Provide ongoing coaching to Branch staff and partners in assigned territory to effectively identify referral opportunities.
• Foster teamwork and small business knowledge in all assigned branches to ensure a positive customer experience. Be accountable to client service scores.
• Partner (Commercial Banking, Mortgage, CitiGold , PWM, etc.) to ensure ongoing and appropriate client communication to support maximization and satisfaction of client relationship.
• Provide Product Specialists with qualified referrals. Assist through closing.
• Strictly adhere to internal control policies such as the account opening and credit protocols of accurate collection, completion and updating of all required documentation.
• Ensure all activities are carried out in accordance with all regulatory, legal and government regulations.
• Spend majority of time in the field, on sales appointments, generating leads to new opportunities and closing business.
Bachelor’s degree in business (preferred) or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum 5 years banking experience, preferably 3 in Business Banking
• Exceptional consulting skills; ability to probe, listen, clarify and present information to advance sales transactions, deepen relationships
• Strong analytic skills and ability to assimilate complex financial and company operating information
• Strong presentation skills
• Strong working knowledge of credit structuring and processing; must be credit trained preferred
• Highly effective communication and influence skills
• Customer oriented and responsive
• Superior organizational skills
• Excellent business development skills
• Bilingual (English/Spanish)
This position requires the employee to register as a mortgage loan originator with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (Registry) and obtain a unique identifier from the Registry before engaging in mortgage loan originator activities, to maintain and renew that registration on an annual basis, to update registration information with the Registry on a timely basis, and to provide that unique identifier to consumers as required by applicable SAFE Act regulations and Citi policies and procedures.','Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity','Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity','Citi won’t discriminate against anyone for discussing pay, but those with access to pay data in their work can’t disclose it unless responding to complaints/investigations or legal requirements.','Citi won’t discriminate against anyone for discussing pay, but those with access to pay data in their work can’t disclose it unless responding to complaints/investigations or legal requirements.','NAM-USA-New York','','Sales','Full-time','High School Diploma/GED','Day Job','Regular','Yes, 10 % of the Time','','','Small Business Banker - Manhattan East Area - SAFE Act'
Website : http://www.citigroup.com
Citi works tirelessly to provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services. We strive to create the best outcomes for our clients and customers with financial solutions that are simple, creative and responsible.