Principal Financial Services, Inc
Are you looking for an opportunity to join a highly collaborative team that is driven to break down work and design system solutions? Are you a big picture thinker with the technical aptitude in the distributed environment? Do you enjoy driving high-level concepts from inception to execution? If so, this opportunity is for you!
This position will play a key role in Retirement & Income Solutions (RIS) Full Service Accumulation (FSA). Our program team works at the heart of our Scaled Agile Framework Environment (SAFe). The team is challenged with taking epic sized features and driving them to be execution ready for our Scrum Teams. You’ll be challenged to architect solutions that meet the business need while keeping your eyes on the long term RIS Architecture statements of direction.
We’re looking for an individual who has a software engineer mindset to:
· Lead collaborative team and departmental design sessions
· Guide best practices for RESTful API service design and security
· Review and build Java Domain Object models
· Design solutions to support and interact with IBPM processes
· Drive requirements needed to support Secure Software
· Articulate best practice for System to system integration
· We believe to be successful in a role of this magnitude, 6 years of experience with Distributed Application Development is required
o We will consider candidate with some exposure or experience with these technologies: RESTful API, CMP, STP, Domain, Web
o Strong candidates will have 2 years of experience with these specific technologies: RESTful API, CMP, STP, Domain, Web
· 2 years of proven experience in technical design and architecture
Nice to have skills (but not required):
· REST web service design or implementation experience.
· Java stored procedure implementation
· Java Domain design, modeling, and development
· Rational Database(DB2) experience with SQL/MyBatis
· Web Application Development (JSF and Spring MVC)
· MQ Transactional processing
· Automated Testing Tool experience (e.g. Junit, Selenium, Cucumber)
· Development, build, and deployment tooling (e.g. Maven, Git, Bamboo, SourceTree)
· Experience working in an agile of SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) program
· Experience with continuous integration and modern application development (Agile/lean methods)
· Experience developing in Rational Application Developer
· Experience with local install of WebSphere Application Server (WAS)
· Familiar with Secure Software development concepts/practices
Core competencies for success:
· Self-driven, motivated, independent learner, takes initiative
· Experience working in an Agile environment a plus
· Demonstrate thought and technical leadership with the willingness to coach/mentor and share knowledge with team/program members.
· Willing to dig in to identify root cause, problem-solving, analytical
· Able to manage and self-prioritize work
· Able to communicate effectively with IT teammates as well as directly with business partners
· Planning/organizational, collaboration, soft skills, time management, decision-making, and communication skills
· Must be able to maintain a high degree of accuracy and confidentiality
· Willing to provide minimal rotational on-call support
Willing to consider qualified candidates at multiple levels.
Background Check Requirements:
Employment at Principal is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
Principal is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic partner status, military status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is not eligible for sponsorship for work authorization by Principal. Therefore, if you will require sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, we cannot consider your application at this time.
Principal Financial Services, Inc
Website : http://www.principal.com
The Principal Financial Group® (The Principal®) is a leading global financial company offering businesses, individuals and institutional clients a wide range of financial products and services. Our range of products and services includes retirement solutions, insurance, wellness programs, and investment and banking products through our diverse family of financial services companies and national network of financial professionals.